Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

....who else is having trouble finding a job?UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AJMBLAZER, Apr 28, 2002.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Got out of the Marines in October and moved back to Michigan. Living in mom and dad's basement. Joy./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif That was like 3-4 weeks after Sept 11 and the economy here in South West Michigan took a big hit. Took me a month to find a job, and it wasn't much of one. Kept looking, finally found one about a month ago. Started it 3 weeks ago. Turns out to be not at all what the guy sold it as. Unsafe equipment, boss doesn't care as long as he makes as much money as he can, it sucked. So when I raised questions about it all, he fired me./forums/images/icons/mad.gif 5 days on the job and I'm unemployed./forums/images/icons/frown.gif

That was two weeks ago Monday. I've got over 10 job applications in, and still looking. Don't really want to go back to my last job, it didn't pay much and was quite a drive, so by the time I got paid, paid for gas and paid my bills, I was broke again! Yeah!/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Looking like I just might have to go back or start doing some crap job until I can find something else./forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif This sucks.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Feeling sorry for myself.....who else is having trouble finding a job?

I feel your pain dude. The company i worked for does mostly aerospace stuff. Tooling and equipment etc etc. Since Sept 11th I've been laid off 3 times. The last time was on March 15th...been looking ever since./forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Rene

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I know what you mean getting fired sucks! My last job I had was in Colorado. I went up to my foreman on a friday and asked for my paycheck and it was $800 less than it should have been cause he didn't turn in work that I had done. I was pissed most of that was gonna go twords bills or for my move back to Calif. I asked him why he didn't do it and he said he was to busy and told me to quit my crying, WTF. So he was sitting in his truck with the door open and I hit the SOB as hard as I could in the face and drug his worthless butt out of there and proceded to lump a few more knots on his head. As you can guess I was let go, but it felt good.
    Good luck in your search.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I know how you feel /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I have been out of a job for almost 2 months. I am having to part out my rockcrawler to pay the bills. Ive just decided to start my own business, so hopefully that goes well.(Custom cages, fabrication, and all major repair)

Dan

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'v been out of work since Nov/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    By selling off all my spare parts, my tax return and making truck stuff I'm able to tread water. I still have to sell one rig to break even/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif. My brother who lives in Boise says he has never seen so many "help wanted" signs over there...Might be time to pack up what I do have left and move.....

Good luck on the search and don't get down on yourself..been there done that, doesn't get you anywhere.
    *flash back to old sig after I lost the job before that one in January(thats right unenployment for 6 months)
    <font color=red>Lifes like a mud hole: No matter how deep the S#!T gets you have to keep going and your friends can always pull you out!</font color=red>

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'm right there with ya, man. Getting married in June and I am currently delivering furniture. I'mn a friggin experienced draftsman and can't find a job other than delivering furniture. If I hear "you have an impressive resume, but we have no openings" one more time I'm gonna flip.

7. AJMBLAZER

Yeah, more applications await me. Looking through the paper and all I see are these crap jobs, half of which are as far away, if not farther, than the one I used to have./forums/images/icons/frown.gif It really sucks. Last summer I had a few jobs pretty much open to me working in warehouses less than 15 miles from home. All I had to do was get out of the Marines and come home and choose. Nope. Sep 11th happened and by the time I got home, all I got was, "sorry man."

I'm not depressed, just a bit down and not being a big bright ray of f$%king sunshine./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif/forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah, i'm having trouble finding an internship /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif which I'll NEED once I hit the job market in December. So I feel your pain in a way!

9. AJMBLAZER

Well guys, I have an interview at a small local air freight company tomorrow afternoon at the Grand Rapids International Airport./forums/images/icons/cool.gif Be doing line work. Cleaning, fueling, light maintenance of the aircraft and moving them around the flight line. Wish me luck./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain. I have a job now but have been looking for a new one for a while. I work for the school district and see and her things that should not be going on. EX: schhool charging kids wrong to benefit themselves so that they get more money from the government. That's just 1 of many other things. My list could go on and on but it would take me all day to type it and you all day to read it. But anyway...i have only had 1 interview and even that is so confusing that I am lost.

Good Luck with the job hunting. I hope something turns around for you and everyone else soon.

11. AJMBLAZER

Well, today I got the job at the air freight company. Gonna be working on the flight line. Doesn't pay that great at first, but it's the same amount I was getting at my old job, and it's half the drive./forums/images/icons/smile.gif Also going to get a 50 cent raise after a month, and then 90 days after that comes a job performance review and a raise then. Small operation, not many more than 10 people. Seems really laid back and everyone seems cool./forums/images/icons/smile.gif I'm hoping to really turn this into something. I want to eventually get my flight ratings and become a full time pilot, and this job can get me some good connections for that./forums/images/icons/cool.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Congrats. I started my new job yesterday. Everyone I met seems to be real loose, not uptight like at my last job.

13. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

YAY... congrats, AJ! Haven't seen you around for a bit... thought I'd say "HI" too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. AJMBLAZER

Hey Cheryle
    I kinda gave up on ORC after all the IFS posers and owners who don't 4x4 came around and they split the boards. The quality of posts went down a lot./forums/images/icons/frown.gif Anyways, I'm doing my damndest to sell the Blazer and get a K5. Hard because no one seems to be buying, just calling, and finding a rust free K5 in Michigan is not easy. Road salt sucks. Wished I'd done this a year ago and picked up a rust free SoCal K5./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

So now I'm on here all the time looking around. I just don't post as much because I don't have a K5 yet and am still learning the ins and outs of solid axle GM's./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Yah, I hear about the ORC thing.... definitely not what it used to be....

Good luck on finding the K5. I'm sure something will come up right when you least expect it -- hahaha... at least that's what everyone tells me/forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Hope to see you around some more. I miss the old days/forums/images/icons/frown.gif and good luck with the new job -- I hope everything works out!

16. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

hey your sig looks familiar

17. AJMBLAZER

Yeah, I was dissappointed with the way the posts were getting less and less technical and 4x4 related, and then the boards split. Right about then I finally made my mind up to get a K5, so I just started hanging out here again./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks for the wishes, I could use a few more strokes of good luck. Guy has offered me a 89 Chevy Blazer K5 that sounds really good. Came out of Arkansas, so no Michigan road salt all it's life. Now hopefully I can just sell my truck before he buys the vehicle that replaces the vehicle that replaces this 89./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif