Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who else is procrastinating?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jul 24, 2005.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

great weather is here... i have tons of parts to put on my rig and yet I can't seem to find the time to get anything done. :( this sucks. Anyone else stuck in a 4x4-building rut? It doesn't help that I spend most of my free time working at my parents house. They are paying me well but damn, i need my free time back. :crazy: its like I have kids of some crap. lol!!! anyway, guess I just need to redouble my efforts. So many projects right now... need to get my bender set up, relocate my battery, swap in the electric fan, narrow the front and rear, cage, rear disc brakes, new dash, new front/rear bumpers, gotta mount my 8274 after i finish its rebuild... sigh... so much to do so little time!

j

2. coptezr

coptezr 1/2 ton status

i hear you there i work 6 days a week i still cant find time on sundays to do anything but dick around with my buds. :D

3. jekbrown

yeah, the weird thing is that near the end of summer up through x-mas I tend to get a lot done. I know Ive worked in the snow/ice a couple of years doing chit that I should have done in august. lol!!

right now I am spending to much time looking at my rig pondering how I want to do things (narrowing and cage junk mostly) when what I need to be doing is jumping in with both feet and skin'in sheet metal. ;)

j

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

haven't touched the rig in at least 2 weeks... :o the humid heat here has been kicking my a$$....

get cooked all day, come home, try to cool off in the AC.. sad thing is i have a garage that stays pretty cool... lot of labor projects to finish up right now... wish i had some coin for some actual parts, that might motivate me...

5. jekbrown

lol, don't count on it... Ive had various upgrade parts laying around for years sometimes. Heck, i got my ff14b disc brake brackets in like 2001. lol!!! Granted, Ive never had calipers or anything for them, but still...

j

6. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i'm in the same boat. I don't have any wheels right now cause i'm swapping my tranny out of my gmc. I have everything i need to do it, but don't feel like touching it. I actually got myself motivated this morning, but 5 minutes after i started i sliced the top of my hand open and had to go get stitches, and now i don't want do anything. Its never getting done and my wife will have to keep getting up early to take me to work. Oh well.

7. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

bah my time keeps getting stolen by maintenance issues, ps pump here, brake calipers there.....

ah well only couple weeks till the gears are broken in, then its time to play.

8. coptezr

coptezr 1/2 ton status

Hijack lol you need wheels? :p:

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I have a few parts laying around, I need to install.... :whistle: :laugh: 4 wheel drive might be a real luxury to have, might try puting in that 205... :doah:

10. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

procrastinate...yeah, that's me. It seems that since the baby was born or even since May, I have done nothingwith the K5. Mainly cause I was thinking about selling it but that's past me now. Have MPFI to put on, detroit front with 35 spline outers and drive flanges, need to put on the fixed yoke rear so I can order my 1 ton CV d-shaft.
    working M-F 0730-1630 for my regular job and 2-4 days a week at Sears (evenings and weekends) then trying to take care of 3 acres of yard work doesn't leave a lot of time when trying to make time for the wife and kids.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

11. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

nah, i need somebody to install my transmission so i can lazily watch. Oh hell, guess i'll do it tomorrow.

12. 78jimmygirl

78jimmygirl Registered Member

Im definatly procrastinating because of the nasty weather :angry1: Its to hot to do anything till about 8pm. :mad: Spring and fall are for sure my most productive seasons when it comes to getting stuff done on my truck

13. PeteH

PeteH 1/2 ton status

ive put off shackle flip i bought, engine swap (engine on stand), and i actually have free time here and there. the beach is just too nice to pass up these days! I should get that motor in though. my old one seems like its on its last leg.

14. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Heck, I'm paying $20/day for a rental because I didn't get rental car coverage on my insurance policy and my car was just totaled. Why didn't I get rental coverage? Of course because I have this truck I've "invested" in, as a secondary vehicle in case my car was out of commission.

Since the truck doesn't like to start when it's warm, I have been leery of driving it to work.

It's given me time to work on my ALDL cable, and research where I'm going to get my ignition parts from.

Then again, I bet if most look back on their "procrastination", there are probably things that have gotten done, or parts that have been acquired to finish things.

It seems like I've done nothing to mine, but I guess when I look back, this summer I have:

Swapped the 32 spline 465/205 in place of the 10 splines.
    Rewired dash harness for the electronic speedometer.
    Wired in the DRAC/VSS on the 205.
    Installed the 14SF.
    Got a new driveshaft.
    Fixed/painted/reinstalled gas tank skidplate.
    Stripped the passenger side interior of rust and repainted those areas.
    Learned and did burn PROM's.

Now the weather is too nice to work on the truck, I'd rather go ride my bike or just lounge around. :) I'll wait until it gets cold and rainy before I really start working on it again I'm sure.

I envy the folks that start on something at the beginning of summer, and by the end of it, they are finished.

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Summer is for playing, winter is for building. I can procrastinate w/ the best of them!

16. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i would'nt call it procrastination, just lack of time and green backs. i try...i say try to do atleast something everyday, even if its just planing my next mod. it doesent allways happen daily but i try like hell. ofcourse theres allways something that is holding ya up or interupting your progress like stupid chores or the DD needs repair or the woman needs time together. what i hate the most is when im just too tired from work. my brain wants to go work on the truck but my body says no way. then i feel like crap cause i didnt get off my ass and go do something. you got to have some relaxation sometimes though. :crazy:
    i didnt work on my rig the last month cause we went on a house boat trip for a week then the week we got back i was tired from the trip then the following two weeks my woman got a bladder infection so i took over all the chores and picking up our son, nightly baths for him....everything. this past weekend was the first back on the rig. i didnt care how freekin hot it was, i was working on the rig no matter what. i was grinding, welding, fabricating, it was great. ice cold shower at the end of the day was good too.

17. john39671

john39671 1/2 ton status

We have been all over NE Oregon watching 15 year old Babe Ruth baseball. Sure does get expensive staying in hotel rooms or driving 250 miles round trip to watch one game and head home. Now we have to go to Nampa, Id for Regionals.
    I have 2 trucks I am trying to get ready for a car show in our park and a memory cruise. I am quickly running out of money.

18. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

damn and just think i just flat ran out of money. need to build my small block 400 and rebuild my th350 and my np205... after that she should run. Oh and also need a 12k winch...

[​IMG]

19. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

20. jekbrown

w00t! I actually got some work done today... I removed my grill, headlights, headlight bezels, horns, wiring, charcoal canister, battery, battery tray and windshield washer resevoir... all in preperation for narrowing my front end. woohoo! :)

j