Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who else is working long hours on salary???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 55Willy, Jun 19, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

so who else is getting racked over the coals?
    I'd add up my hours but I lose track after 70. I'v worked 7 days so far 5 more and I get my 2 days off.

Boss is on vacation so I get to fill in.

-Jeremy

PS sun to sat this week 72 hours. no wonder this thing isn't finished yet,LMAO

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

not me... 3hrs a week and i'm on salary /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Well, I consider the military a salary job since everyone in a paygrade gets the same thing regardless of their actual productivity or usefulness.
    SOOOOO, to answer your question, I AM GETTING RAKED OVER THE COALS!! The clerks in my unit have off this weekend and left early today; the mechs and aircrews have all put in at least 12hrs every day this week, and OUR next day off MIGHT be next Saturday. But that sergeant up in the Admin shop gets the same base pay as me, works a set 9 1/2-hr day with a 1 1/2-hr lunch and PT (Physical Training - AKA exercise) break, and doesn't "do" weekends. In comparison, an 11-hr day for us in Maintenance is a GOOD day, and I'm lucky to get 20 minutes to try & grab Wendy's or Subway at the same time as 1500 other hungry and time-crunched Marine helicopter mechanics.

OK, I'm done ranting now.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

That'd be me... long hours, no overtime, pay cut to keep from getting laid off.

life is good.