Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who else Loves to go 'Yardin???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Jan 22, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Who else Loves to go \'Yardin???

I'm finally getting a day off to spend doing what i want to do...I'v desided to check the new arrivals at the local pick -n-pull. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.
    I'll have my shopping list in hand and a tape measure.

I heard through one of thier salesman that come in that they got 3 or 4 crew cabs that just came in. (Mmmmm that may involve chaining myself to the 60 if one still has it in.) LMAO

Other then that I just have Ford 57's and some other odds and ends on my list.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

-Jeremy

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Re: Who else Loves to go \'Yardin???

The only thing better is having a friend with scrap yard who calls when trucks come in.Lets me have stuff for scrap weight price. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

There's an 87 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 single wheel 1 ton for sale here..has a diesel...they want $5,000

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

too far

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I like that too. I'll spend good time when I go out to the yard. I know the owner and I just head out to the back with a nod. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I love to go junkin! my 2nd favorite thing to do. I have one yard that calls me when a chevy truck/blazer comes in. I am allowed full reign in is yard. I can use his bucket truck, tow truck, whatever i need. He is my first call junk yard. Been dealing with him for 15+ years now.

7. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I love to the junk yard My 2nd date with my current girlfriend was to the local wrecking yard I go probaly 3 times a month /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Pull N Save is tha sh!t.

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ah, men going to salvage yards is like woman goign to malls!!! I love going to the places around here and could spend most of the day in them! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Wish I had a friend that wourked at one though!

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I live for 'Yardin. Even if there aren't any parts for me, its still cool to check out stuff.

11. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The problem is I act like a women in a shoe store I can't go with out Buying something /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Got to love Yardin! I go frequently, always on the lookout for something obscure with one of my projects. I'm after a 440 Magnum right now for a 69 Dart I just picked up, as well as a VW type 4 engine for my buggy... but a new late 80's front clip for the blazer would be nice too! This saturday is half off day, so I usually buy all my large items then ... can't beat a $75 complete engine!

13. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I'm lucky.When on vac Junk yard stops are as common as mall stops.Flea markets stops for the wife,Someone usually knows where junk/scrap yards are.Wife looks for flea market stuff and I go look for truck stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I should be sponsored by Pick N Pull /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Half the crap under my truck came from them. I should have Jeff make me a sticker "Built Pick N Pull Tough" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I love going out to the local Pull n Save, but I havent for the past year now. Just never have enough money to buy the things I'd probably find. But as soon as extra cash comes in, I'll be there I'm sure.

16. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I try to go at least once a week. This last weekend I found 6 long stroke York compressors for $30 each /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. The yard I goto the guy said he will sell me a 2wd steering box for like $35-$45. He only has about 10 laying in a pile and around 8 more 2wd GM's sitting on his lot with the boxes still in them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Our pick-a-parts suck in houston. 99% front wheel drive crap. If it isn't it's so torn up its not worth the 3 bucks to get in. A friends wife works at a local salvage yard though, and since I fixed his wrecked car for a bottle of tequilla, she's gonna locate a dana 60 for cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I love working at a collision center cause since we buy so many used parts they will cut us good deals.

18. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

only place to find the stuff they don't list in LMC.

19. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I love them junk yards too! I'm lucky cause the owner of a nearby yard used to drag race with my dad and they're good buds so I get badass deals on parts. Junk yards rule. If I go with my dad looking for one little part I just run off into the tall grass and dont come back till I hear him call me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif In conclusion...I love junkyards.

20. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Junk Yards KICK A$$ I go there even when i have no money just to look around at the trucks and cars and see what they got in that was not there last time i went. One time i they had a Perfect Z 28 camaro It was stolen and they said they could not sell it but it was gone not to long after.....kinda looks like the one someone there drives....Then i tried to get a Suzki Samuri to put a 350 in and on an old blazer frame that one of my friends has but it could not be sold. anyway i still go to the junk yard even though i cant buy anything there b/c it was all **stolen** or at least 2 vehicles. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net