Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who else preordered Half Life 2?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Nov 2, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I did, was suppossed to come out yesterday but of course it didn't. It just wouldn't be a Valve/Sierra thing if it came out on time. So now I have to wait till the middle of the month, I'm getting antsy.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i didn't preorder, but i'm revved to get it...

its been delayed forever now... i believe the date i heard was nov 11....

replaying Deus Ex at the moment...

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I played Deus Ex a few months ago then I got DEII, then I got Max Payne II, thats the last game I beat. MPII was great. I think I'm going back to Doom III till H2 comes out, I haven't gotten even like halfway through Doom III.

4. ryoken

the Payne series is very good... i have both.. never got the bullet time down perfect, but enjoyable nonetheless.. except those stupid dream maze sequences.

one series you might like is the Noone Lives Forever series..

haven't bought one since i bought the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Deus Ex is a good game. MPII was too easy to beat, I was dissapointed with that one. I can't wait for Halo2, I'm probably going to turn in all of my games I don't play anymore for that one.

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Half Life 2 and Halo 2 will both be great.. although I seriously doubt if my GF4 TI4200 will play HL2 I'm still going to get it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I really need to upgrade my damn computer already

8. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I pre ordered it. Can't wait! Even built a new system for HL2 and Doom 3. A64 3800+, ATI X800 XT, 1gig Corsair XMS Pro. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Have you guys seen some of the vids and trailers for HL2? Soooooo cool!

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haven't seen any, I saw the signs to preorder it when I got the newest Star Wars game and just said, alright order it for me. I think I'm going to put upgrade board and chip before I get HL2. The old DDR266 board and Athlon XP 2200 are failing me in Doom 3 for sure. Not that the ATI 9800 SE is up to date tech wise.

10. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Have you guys seen some of the vids and trailers for HL2? Soooooo cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I have them all on my HDD, they are awesome! My favorite new weapon is the one that picks up and shoots objects like desks and stuff.

I had to break out the HL trio (HL, Opposing Force and Blue Shift) the other night to get me in the "must have it" phase.

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Alright just started playing Doom 3 again. I'm ALWAYS on edge when playing that game. Whcih is exciting in a way but a pain in others. The freaking flaming skulls are a fawking pain in my ass. Can't tell where they are when attacking then once you shoot one the other is hurting you so you can't aim. That and I always carry teh shotgun and its like useless vs them.

12. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I've got Doom 3 too....I played it long enough to get to Hell before I got bored with it. Then I started using all the cheat codes, alot of fun that way. God mode, all weapons and all ammo makes it fun! I wouldn't have gotten bored with it if it was alittle bit more varied. It's the same thing throughout the whole damn game. Run into a room, kill the demon. Then turn around and kill the one that spawns behind you. bleh. Another game that looks frickin awesome, better than Doom 3 I think, is Farcry. Plays awesome too. And having better eye candy than Doom 3 is saying something I think. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. ryoken

Farcry ruled... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

best game i've played in a couple years...

i just hope HL2 will play ok on my 9500 Pro....

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm very close to Hell right now(Delta Level 3) and it is continually the samething you are right. Kill this guy, backtrack, kill that guy. I really hope Half Life is as bright as the last one. This damn playing in the dark pisses me off most of the time.

15. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Half Life 2 and Halo 2 will both be great.. although I seriously doubt if my GF4 TI4200 will play HL2 I'm still going to get it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The TI4200 is actually a pretty good video card. I had a 4200 until it blew up (dont ever buy Palet brand). Now i'm stuck with this piece of crap FX5600 junk, thought it would be better(higher number and newer), but it really sucks. I love half-life for its AI and graphics, but now I cant even play the new game /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif