Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who else runs a th350 behind a diesel????

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by ducttape114, Nov 6, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

and what the hell did you do for a vacume modulator. ive got this weird ass cable actuated thig that ties into the throttle pedal. i cannot find another one and no one i have talked to has even seen one before. please help.

2. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

Diesels use the VRV (Vacuum Regulator Valve) to control the vacuum signal to the th350/th400.

3. ducttape114

can you explain how it works and where i can find one?

4. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

The VRV varies the vacuum pressure to the tranny according to throttle position. It bolts to the passenger side of the Injection pump. You must have a vacuum pump in the "distributor hole" for this to function.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

a friend of mine has an 82 k10 6.2L with originally 700r4 and now th350, i wonder how his is connected ?
    it shifts kind of late, you kinda have to let up off the pedal at top of each gear to kidna make it go to next gear. but fine otherwise. it runs kinda high rpm before deciding to hit next gear. more than what a th350 behind gas engine would ever hit unless you ran it hard

6. ducttape114

that is exactly what mine is doing. currently i have some sort of spring loaded cable deal that goes in the vacume modulator hole, and connects to the throttle pedel. the cable snaped ad needs to be replaced but noone seems to know where i can get replacment parts. i talked to a shop in the next town over that may be able to hlep me rebuild that one. i dunno, just exploring options. i like how it was before the cable broke and would rather just put it back the way it was. but i will see on tuesday i guess

7. ducttape114

i have the new cable in and the 2-3 shift still slips a lot. 1-2 shift is awsome but the 2-3 is bad. like, real bad. the only thig i can think is to pay a tranny shop to look at it. this sucks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif