Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who grinds their teeth?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by marine_enlisted, Dec 10, 2003.

1. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I have noticed myself grinding my teeth lately. I think I must do it at night too , because my jaw hurts . My wife went to the dentist today, he said she has been doing it too. I guess he noticed it by looking at her teeth , because she didn't say anything about it until he said something. He touched a muscle near the back of her mouth and she said it brought tears to her eyes. Must have been sore from the grinding. He said she could buy a mouthpiece for $360.00, I told her just to get a football mouthpiece for $2.00. Anyone have this problem? What did you do to fix it?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I used to grind my teeth all the time when I was crankin'.

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I did this when I was younger (5-10 years old). It was so bad my parents could hear it in their room through the wall. I grew out of it though a year or two after all my permanent teeth came in. But, I went to a new dentist in the last year, and the hygenist asked if I grind my teeth (even though I don't anymore, there was visible wear that she noticed from so long ago).

I imagine a $2 football/hockey mouth guard would do a good job protecting your teeth, but,
    1) they don't give much "support" so you will keep on grinding (I think the dentist ones are formed in such a way that it kinda keeps you from grinding your teeth)
    2) from experience as a hockey player, you can destroy those things in no time (chewing on them doesn't help /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)...so if you grind your teeth badly, you can expect to wake up with little chunks of rubber in your mouth...and go through a mouth-guard every 2 weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i physically cant, i only have four teeth that even touch each other,

those of you who can grind teeth are lucky /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i physically cant, i only have four teeth,

those of you who can grind teeth are lucky /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Wife and I both grind our teeth. She went to her dentist for a mouth guard, it's hard plastic, has cracked more than once, and cost around $400. I went to Sports Authority, bought one for $1.00, trimmed it down in a few spots so that it was more comfortable, it worked great. The mouthguard is there so you don't grind your teeth away, nothing else. My advice would be to try the $1.00 route once or twice. If that doesn't work, then go to your dentist.

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

My father does and so does my 4 year old daughter, I don't think I do (the wife only complains about my snoring /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif ). My father is loud enough to wake you up from the far end of the house. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

My wife grinds the heck out of her teeth, drives me up the wall. I snore and my kids talk in their sleep. It gets pretty darn loud around here at night. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My wife grinds the heck out of her teeth, drives me up the wall. I snore and my kids talk in their sleep. It gets pretty darn loud around here at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i can just imagine it...its like the middle of the night and there are all these people grinding teeth, snoring, talking lol.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I used to be real bad about it. I even have a few chipped or cracked teeth from it. My dentist gave me one of those hard plastic mouth guards. (Military paid for it) I used it for about 6 months. I ground through 2 or 3 of them. I ground my teeth for so long that the joints in my jaw pop everytime I open my mouth all the way. All of a sudden I quit doing it. Never figured out why I started or why I stopped either. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick

12. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

My ex did that alot and would complain about it but wouldn't do anything about it, but she is a mental trip.

you guys have like bad dreams at night or something? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

Probably stopped cause you got out of the military. I'll go see if those disgusting squids at dental will hook me up.