Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who had a big wheel?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boz42, Dec 21, 2004.

1. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

alright this might tell off on how old some of us are but who had a big wheel. those things were the coolest when u were little, espesailly the ones w/ the slide brake on one back tire.

i found the ultimate big wheel (hope it isn't a re-post cause i have never seen it):D
    [​IMG]

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Hell ya i loved my big wheel, it kicked ass, mine had no breaks tho, my next door neighbor had the Kinght Rider one, and he broke it, than he got one with a squirt gun on it, he always got cooler stuff than me:xmas:

3. boz42

i remember the knight rider one it was really cool,,,,,, back then:o

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I loved my big wheel, it rocked. I bet that one would be even more fun than the one i had when i was a little kid :D

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Big Wheel, used to borrow my friends from up the street after his parents bought him the Green Machine. Actually bought my Grandson a big wheel knockoff not too long ago, my daughter wasn't too impressed. It's a guy thing, every boy should have one.

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I used to ride mine in the big gully behind my house where I grew up.

I'd get at the top of the hill with a long downhill trail , get a runnin start, and jump into the seat, go roaring down the trail to the big curve and not make the turn go over the top of the turn and crash wickedly into the scruboak(many accidental peircings due to that curve) what fun it was!!

bigwheel_1.gif

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

HAHA I remember mine!!! Id like to have that thing now!!

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i had a nightrider bigwheel, and a Green Machine. my neighbor had a Richard Petty bigwheel, and my nightrider bigwheel was faster.

9. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Big Wheels did not exist when I was kid. All there was where regular old Red Radio Flyer tricycles.

[​IMG]

10. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Anybody notice the thread the poll takes you too when you vote :rotfl:

11. boz42

ya it is about ideas on how to build your truck in the 73-87 forum, steve has said he is working on it

12. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Too old for a big wheel

What I had was a big trike that the back wheels were like dollie wheels, and they would unlock and spin when you pulled what looked like a handbrake lever. Get going down a hill, pull the lever-no idea where I would end up at, but it was a blast!!!

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

The thread is from 2001, thats what i was getting at. The other times it glitched it always stayed pretty close to the same date, not this one.

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I got my 3 year old a big wheel for Christmas, he's gonna love it.

15. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I had a few big wheels as a kid, I kept wearing them out... I also had a green machine... :cool1:

16. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

whats a green machine? i have no idea what this is, i was poor growing up i had the K-mart special front wheel split taped it up with duct tape big wheel:D :xmas:

17. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hell Yah...I had one..or 2...
    I remember breaking it in half...when I reached 13. :doah:

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yep, I had a couple. When the front "tire" would start wearing out, we would take an old bike tire and wrap it around the wheel and staple the tire to the rim.

John

19. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

A green machine is pretty much a big wheel, with the difference being that it uses to levers to steer with, and it has rear steer instead of front. When you get going real fast the fun thing to do was to pull one lever back and push the other forward really hard, and spin around.... this worked even better on wet concrete. :cool1: They still make them I saw one the other day... but for some reason they replaced (I think) the front tire with a rubber one.... :confused: which would really suck in my opinion... the plastic tires always allowed you to spin around several times... Next to our pool we had thet pebble style concrete, and we would wet it down and spin off into the pool... pretty fun stuff when you're 8... :grin:

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Big Wheels came out when I was in my teens. We found another use for them. We used to head up the reservoir with some of the neighborhood kids Big Wheels and some six packs of Miller. Not GD, but the High Life stuff. Then we took off the seat part and took it to the top of the spillway. At the bottom, about 200 yards down, was a small pond. Depending on your guts, or perhaps how many Millers you had consumed, depended on how high up you went. You got onto the Big Wheel and tried not to fall off at warp factor 8 wearing nothing but a swimming suit. Nobody ever fell off, but if you did, Mr. bare skin would meet Mr. rough cement for a nice raspberry. When you leveled out and hit the pond, you usually made it about 10-15 ft. in before you launched off the Big Wheel into the water. I wish they had good video cameras back then. It is a miracle nobody got killed. Good times though...