Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has 35's under 4"?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Who has 35\'s under 4\"?

Just was wondering who of you guys run 35's or bigger under just 4" of suspension lift without body lift. And what the with of your tires are and if you ran into trouble. (Fender cutting?)

And if you ran into rubbing, how extremely do you have to flex the rig to start rubbing?

"1988 K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."

2. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

Re: Who has 35\'s under 4\"?

I've got 35"s. work fine with mine...but then again...I'm probably not a good one to judge this with...most of my driving is not serious off road. The tires have plenty of clearence too.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

3. blazbrnc

blazbrnc 1/2 ton status

I've got 35x12.50 on a '79 with about 4" of lift, no body lift. Before I cut the fenders they rubbed when wheeling. After trimming back to the inner fenders I have no rubbing. I'm gonna go with at least 38's next with no more lift.

'79 K5, '79 Suburban, '76 Br**co, 77 K20
    '99 BB 4x4 Suburban to tow more junk home

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I have a Rough Country 4 inch suspension .. front/rear springs. 35x12.50xR15 on 15x10 Inch wheels.
    I had to trim my fender's to prevent rubbing. I neglected to trim the rear of the front fenders.. and it still rubbed a little under serious compression.
    I wheel my truck pretty hard.. I'd suggest a 1 inch body lift or trim the fenders..
    Pics are on my website of my trimmed fenders..
    The rubbing wasn't that bad.. but bad enough to make hidious noises inside the truck..

Round Rock, Texas I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I run 36X12.5X15 Swamper TSL's and have a 4" lift. They rubbed under small flex until I trimmed back to the inner fender wells and cut the bottom of the fender in front. Now I can full flex without rubbing and will be going to 38X12.5X15's next.

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>http://www.extremeblazer.com</a>

[image]http://www.extremeblazer.com/sideapproachL.jpg[/image]

6. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I've got 35x12.5x15 Mickey Thompsons, had same experience as everyone, just need a little trimmin under some flex. I'm considering a 1" body lift.

1984 K-5
    4" lift
    35x12.5 MTs
    buildin a 400 for it, any info greatly appreciated

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Who has 35\'s under 4

I'm running 36x12.5x16 swamps on 16x8 rims w/ 4" of lift and have already trashed one fender I don't have to flex it very hard at all to get contact.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/038/jk/Om/YC/jD87869.jpg

These might give you an idea of how close it is. I've yet to trim the fenders, I'm still not driving it everyday, and the fenders are bent and crinkled out enough now that I don't hit too bad, but I am going to trim. Just need more Sawzall blades.

Kyle
    89K5

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

36x12.5x16 TSL/R under 4" TC fronts and shackle flip.

Cut it, it'll fit.

Haven't tested on the trail yet, but she ramps nice and no contact. maybe i need flexier springs.

<a target="_blank" href=http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-280866-sideviewcopy.jpg>http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads_uploads/53-280866-sideviewcopy.jpg</a>

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

9. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

waited and waited for yur tail to come up and start cutting on mine, guess I'm gonna have to sawzall on my own. Got a buddy with a lowrider that winces everytime I smack mine.

I've got to get more blades then it AWN!!!

Kyle
    89K5

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

sorry man but i'm no sawzall guru. I'd love to come up and help ya out though. Gotta cut my roof off first and get this cage in before the bender guy wants his equipment back. Got the design, got the tube, got the bender. Where's the time????

Sherman, Tx
    </font color=red>

11. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

You don't have to be a guru, it's just a helluva lot easier if it ain't your own truck your cutting. My wife has already decided that she doesn't want to be around while I'm doing it. If you run out of time on your bender, let me know. Ive got a cheesy one that will work. It's the same one that DBlazer used to do his cage. It's yours if you need to borrow it.

Kyle
    89K5

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I ran 4" HD Superlift front springs in the past with Kelly DTR 35x12.50x15 tires on 15x10 wheels.

Rubbin was present under hard flex but normal driving there wasn't any. The tires moved what body work that need to be moved ,but it still rubbed under full compression.

Those springs flex pretty decent for HD springs and the ride was nice, I received many comments on it!

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

13. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

cool man i appreciate the offer. I've got a greenlee bender sitting here and it's been here for a couple weeks. I'm hoping to get the top cut off and filled tommorrow and ready to make a cage this weekend. If i can get ahold of a scanner, i'll post my design idea tommorrow. Just found out about a club forming in my town and that's SAWEET!!! Gotta get this thing together cause they're pretty active and I'm going to be missing all kinds of runs now!

Sherman, Tx
    </font color=red>

14. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah...but do you really want someone else hacking on your truck???

Sherman, Tx
    </font color=red>

15. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I had no problem's hacking mine.. lol.. both of them..

Round Rock, Texas I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

16. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Marks planning on doing some cutting on mine :)
    No sense in me having all the fun

Good deal on the bender.
    Send me some pics when you get it done.

Kyle
    89K5

17. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

I was running 35" BFG AT's under 4" of suspension lift. Mostly I had no problem, but every once in a while like when i hit a good sized bump while turning it would rub the back end of the front wheel well.

Good things come in small packages. Good things come to those who wait. So, if you're waiting for a small package, that must *really* be sweet.

18. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I have 35x12.50 on 15x10 wheels and 4" Rough Country lift. I don't get any rubbing under any circumstance on road. I haven't had it offroad yet, but expect it wouldn't tkae much to make it rub. It is quite close in some places. I am considering a 1" body lift as I would rather not cut my rig.

Brian
    Click to see <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com> My 85 Jimmy </a>
    PM me for a great deal on blinker fluid! Best price on the net!

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I thought mine never rubbed, and I've never heard them rub, but I know they do because the outside lugs on my tires have little cuts in the, which is quite irritating.

Where do I trim my fenders? I'm not cutting anything visable, but I'll trim back what nobody will see. Where is it necessary, any pictures?

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

20. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Then your not trimming. The trailing edge of the fender is what we're talking about cutting out.

You can't trim anything thats not visible and gain room.

Kyle
    89K5