Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has a Duramax?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Oct 13, 2004.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

For those of you who have Duramax's im curious if you have run them at the drag strip? If you dont, maybe you saw one ran, or a buddys? Thats cool too. Ill be taking my teachers '04 to see what it can do on wednesday. So im curious about some things, mostly the launch.

If you have please tell me:

If you launched in 4wd, then shifted to 2wd. Ran in 2wd, or ran the whole thing in 4wd.

What worked better.

What you ran.

If your engine is stock, if not what upgrades.

Al input is appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

When my dad ran his DMax, he ran in 2wd the whole way. Powerbraked to about 1500rpm, flashed the converter at the green. Lost traction at about 60ft and had to pedal it (causing severe wheelhop & axlewrap), then lost another second or so while the motor got back on it's feet. Ended up with a high 13 second run.
    He was running a Bully Dog box of some sort, a custom intake, and 4" straight pipe exhaust. Probably a couple other things too, but he didn't tell me about them. He said he had dyno'd at 1200+ RWTQ, but I didn't see the slip. That's what he told me, and that's all the details I know.

*Disclaimer*
    If you have issues, please don't argue the numbers with me; again, this is all of what he told me, I didn't see the slips, and the truck was rolled & totaled earlier this year, so he doesn't have it anymore.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I do, and have.

Currently my best is with a 125HP Edge Juice Box.

14.48 in the 1/4

About 1600RPM launch in 4wd. Shifted into 2wd at ~600' Stock 245/75 tires.

Race weight 7600lbs.

John

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

Awesome guys. 13 and 14, those are fast. I was hoping for atleast somethign in the 16s. Espically after seeing a 8.1 burb run mid 17s.

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

Well I didnt get to run it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif The weather was too bad. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Hopefully it will happen before they close this year, otherwise, ill have to hurry up and wait.