Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who has a jvc deck?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by CaptCrunch, May 1, 2002.

1. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well for those who haven't heard I recently had my truck broken into and my CD player stolen. The idoits were so stupid and didn't take the remote for it that I bought seperately. But anyways... anyone out there with a JVC Deck that has the eye (there are man models that don't come w/ a remote, but can use it) that needs this? Price is FREE. I'm pretty much just gonna trash it since I have no use for it, but if a fellow CK5'er can use I'll send it out to ya. It is light so don't even worry about a shipping charge. Let me know if anyone has use for this.

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

i have a couple of friends that have jvc head decks that use a remote.. none of them have it... I will see if they are interested in it... If not.. hell i might be just to have it around in case i ever need it... LOL

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

If nothing else ebay the thing. you could probaby make a couple bucks off it

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd check E-bay to see if you can get another JVC headunit. I know there are (7) KD-LX50 going real cheap.

5. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I have a cd player that looks like it would have a sensor on it how can you tell if it is supposed to have one for it. it's right under the release button model number kd-gs611. let me know.
    anthony

6. CaptCrunch

I'm not a big JVC fan... I like Pioneer and Kenwoods more. Just a personal preference.

7. CaptCrunch

Well prem let me know... You have definetly gave me enough advice in the past to deserve it /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I never was a fan of JVC till I bought a KD-LX1 at a pawn shop last year. I liked it so much I went out and bought the KD-LX50 for my Blazer. The LX1 is in the family car. I think the Kenwood looks cooler. Never was into Pioneer.

9. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I don’t like mine too much. It seems like the CD seek times take forever, maybe it's because I mainly play CDR's. But I would love to get my hands on the kd-sh909. I like that it has plain looks. I really don’t like the lighted up displays with shows going on. I don’t think it fits the truck to well. I really want the MP3 function of the new one. The fact that it has an input plug on the front is also a great feature I could plug in the portable TV or any number of devices with that feature.
    Anthony

10. CaptCrunch

I have no clue... couldn't find it listed on crutchfield. It should say in your owner's manual.

11. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

It’s a few years old so I’m sure that it would not be in current catalog. I believe that I picked it up in 98” but as for the owners manual that is has long since been lost. When your college as long as I have you tend to loose a lot things with all the moving. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. CaptCrunch

Yeah moving is a PIA... well if Prem doesn't want it it is yours and you can try it for yourself. I really have no use for it and I'm not a very big E-bay fan.

13. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I'll take it. I have a JVC CD player that I just got 1 Christmas ago. Mine didn't have a remote though. I will look at the serial number and see what I have. How much?

14. CaptCrunch

Prem has a use for it so since he was first reply nailed down the free remote. Sorry guys.