Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who has an old beat up Datsun/Nissan/Toyota...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, May 15, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

they want to get rid of? I want to make a trail only rig outta something light that has a decent aftermarket following.

Anyone got one for next to nothing they want to get rid of? I figured I would spend 200 - 500 on something that was running/driving. I dont care about straight body parts, just running or close to it.

-Ryan

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You wont get a running 4x4 for under $500 unless you are lucky /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I do know where you can get a free Ford Courier 2wd and possibly transplant it onto another chassis (maybe one of mountain explorers free blazer frames with 1/2 ton running gear?)...

I also have a 1985 2wd S10 parts truck that could be used for a S10 hybrid project /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Hmm... well, I never could be called lucky, unless of course you mean in the 3-legged dog kind of way... so I may have to adjust my expectations.

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

beat up 4x4 luvs can be had for $200-1400 depending on the state of running and the body. May be worth looking into. Oh and on a side note they survive roll overs vary well... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Saw this in a local ad:
    "1981 LUV 4x4 Pickup, good running gear and body, bad engine. $275. (509)292-8659."

Not exactly what you wanted cause it has a bad motor, but close.

6. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

Interested in an old ford curiour? 4x4 v6 auto divorced t-case. Runs ok. If your interested ill ask what he wants for it. I think he wanted $600. Maby less.

7. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

cant do a Furd... I work for GM and my Dad has worked for GM for about 35 years. Toyota or Nissan wont give Dad a heart attack unless I buy a new one... dont ask me why, He bought my mom a little Toyota Rav4 to zip around town in.