Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who has big meats, lil' lift, lots of flex, and pics of fender trimming?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jekbrown, Jul 21, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

who has big meats, lil\' lift, lots of flex, and pics of fender trimming?

I am in the process of hacking my fenders back so my 39.5 TSLs will fit on my rig when it is flexin'. I have 5" of suspension lift.. and 1" of body lift. Long shocks up front and revolvers in the back mean that I am gonna be pretty dang flexy when all is said and done. Anyway, the question is: who has pics of their rig which has a small lift (like me) and 39-40" tires? I dont have my tires mounted yet... just looking for some guidance on how much I'll have to trim. I know what the UAV looks like with its trimmed-for-37s fenders... and thats usefull info, but whether or not SF had to trim more for his new 39.5s would be even more useful. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Re: who has big meats, lil\' lift, lots of flex, and pics of fender trimming?

Check out the Photo Of The Month on our website...
    So Cal Big Dawgs

3. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

i have a enough room to run 39.5's or 42's if i move my axle foreward, but i only have 37's ($$$) but the pics are at the link below and here http://community.webshots.com/user/scoobydann under anything that says "scooby" its the one that is camo

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Take a look at mine. I've got 39.5" on 6" of lift

www.sandersons.us

6. jekbrown

sandman... linky no worky... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

thanks much guys for the pics, if any1 else has any, post a link! TIA!

j

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

We had a power bump here this morning and it probably took my server down. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif When I get home I'll reboot and it should be back up. around 12:30 Mountain time....

8. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

4" Suspension, 3" body , 38.5's and a lot of trimming!

[​IMG]

Poor shot, but I don't have a side shot since the rest was trimmed up.

9. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Best thing to do is mount them, and then flex em', then note the areas that are rubbing or about to rub, and mark for cutting...then hack away /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Or, wait a couple weeks and I may have some pics for yah /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif.
    Boss

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Hey that looks like El Hill!

11. jekbrown

yeah, testing is definitely the best way to do it... problem is I still have to swap axles, mount the tires... and then test them without mom/dad finding out (they dont like me buying parts when I am in school! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) before I can do any real world testing. I wanted to do most of the fender trimming work now while I am waiting for my D60 to be out of the shop. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

anyway, thanks much guys, again, for the pics. Definitely helps. If anyone has more, keep 'em comin'! I'd be especially interested in a pic which showed a closeup of how the tail end of the rear fenders were done. I wanted to cut it all the way up to the trim, but there seems to be all kinds of structural stuff that supports the body in there... didnt wanna cut anything important. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J