Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has bought body parts from LMC?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazen91, Sep 27, 2002.

1. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Are they of good quality and do they fit right. The body shop is having problems finding a right rear quarter panel for my Blazer. I saw that LMC has them, but am curious if they fit right. Thank you.

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

3. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Do not bother getting any aftermarket quarter panels. They are totally sh!t. Maybe if you just got the outer skins they would be ok. I bought the entire box sides and they fit terrible. They are not wide enough at the back and the tail gate wont close properly on them or seal worth anything. There were also irregularities in places and filler had to be used anyway. The holoes the top bolts onto were pretty crappy on mine as well. Getting the edge that needs to be welded on by the door to fit ok was also way too much work. THe body shop had to do so much finishing work to make them look good I could have bought a rust free body and been way better off. I got one of my panels thru certafit (should a fit) and another thru another company. But both were made by the same manufacturer. I think the LMC ones would be from the same manufacturer as well. If GM has them for sale, maybe the do, I would have gladly payed twice or three times as much for mine. I strongly discourage you from getting aftermarket box sides, If you do, good luck.

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

That sucks man. The three panels that I had ordered from LMC for my rear quarter were cut too big so I had to cut them all down. No funny dents or irregularities. I guess I got lucky.

5. BADASSBLAZE

BADASSBLAZE Registered Member

I just got my new LMC catalog in the mail this morning as a matter of fact. They have a pretty good selection of parts in there.

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

id check out chevyduty.com and see what they got.ive gotten acouple of pieces from them and they were good.they give you a litlle extra metal just in case you have to cover more rust than normal.but it was easily trimmed off to fit where i needed it to.

7. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Thank you for your input. I wish I could get one from GM, but they are discontinued. I would be happy finding a doner truck at this point. I think it is funny, I drop off the truck at the body shop and I am helping them find the body panels!! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

does this shop do floors to? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif