Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has broken/split bushings from ORD?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by CRAWLIN70, Sep 6, 2002.

1. CRAWLIN70

CRAWLIN70 1/2 ton status

steve i bought mine like 2 years ago but just got it on the road 2 months ago. have 4 trips on it and after reading the post i looked last night and the upper and lower on the pas. side are split. i am running the con it 2 weeks so we will see what happens. you build biatchin products not your fault the bushings a not holding up.
    they were eathere under jeff grass or morris grass

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

You know about my situation and probably have seen the pics. I will certainly mail them out to you sometime next week when I get a chance. The last set I got from yah lasted about 7 mo. I believe. (this is from rough memory).
    Specs: ORD springs,
    39.5" TSLs on trail, 35" BFG on street
    Daily Driver
    1 ton axles
    long travel shocks
    Basically a very flexy truck.
    89' K5.
    Boss

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

hmm I haven't noticed anything, but I will surely check all my bushings on the suspension I bought from ORD. I recently greased all the bushings and didn't notice any cracks, but then again I wasn't checking for cracks either.

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Stephen,

I wanted to reply and let you know (as I'm sure you already do) that I have had a LOT of these bushings do this to me
    (at least 10 of each). Remember about 6 months ago I bought a whole bunch and you paid for half of them? Well, I am all out of
    those now, they have all cracked and fallen apart...seems like the spring bushings crack apart and the ends come off...the frame
    bushings first rip the ends off, kind of like they were sliced off, then the innards come apart...just like Boss's pics...

The name I ordered them under is Keith Panza

By the way, did you receive the ones I just sent back? I had some still laying around in the garage so I decided to send what I had
    left back to you to look at...

As far as usage goes, my truck sees only about 5000 miles a year if that...probably about a 80/20 percent mix of off highway to
    highway. Mostly rocks, desert and snow...no mudding really. Truck has 6" lift with 35s...D60 up front now and 14b rear. Have your
    HD Shackles up front of course...it's a pretty flexy rig also...I have ordered new bushings from you on two separate occasions now. The last set of frame bushings only lasted ONE DAY! I changed them out before a wekeend trip up to the mountains, and by the end of that first day, the ends had already ripped off! I still have them in there, as I'm all out of spares and waiting for either new ones or a replacement alternative.

5. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

stephen,

i also have split bushings. my info is in my bio. i only purchased items from you twice first time was the greasable bushings and the second was the xover set up.

thanks.

Ric Mansanarez (i think you have me down as Rick)

6. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

You know me /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I am not sure if any of mine cracked. I am planning to check them though. I have not done any so called wheeling with it so if I find a cracked one it is from street use and playing on cars and an RTI ramp.
    I do have a problem with the front spring eye bushings being to narrow. The inner sleeve was sticking out on either side so I ground some off and used washers to fill the gap on the side. I bought them about 1 year ago.
    Wayne Kendel
    89 Jimmy
    Superlift front springs, ORD shackels and greasable bushings throughout. 36" Swampers.

8. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Add me to the list here too... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Just crawled under the truck to take a peek with all this recent attention to cracked bushings. My front passenger side rear outter is cracked to hell... Let me get pics and I'll be right back. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

-Dan

9. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Here are the two good pics... let me know if you need any other pics at all.

http://12.248.132.67/images/truck/ORDbushing/ /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

need a real life name:
    Dan Dycus
    a rough idea of when you bought the kit:
    in June THIS year :(
    a list of what specific bushings you're having problems with:
    Front Passenger, shackle end, outter bushing... obliterated!
    A brief bio of your truck:
    SEE THE BOTTOM OF MY WEBSITE

What should I do about this? Are you issuing some kind of recall on these? I've only had mine for a couple months, and done almost NO offroading at all... I have ramped the truck once or twice, but that would suck if these bushings can't take that abuse... what will they do when I get them to Attica next week?!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Thanks...
    -Dan

10. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

mine cracked on the bottom pas side , greasable , HD shackles . i used the rest on my rear flip thin and i have yet to check them . sometimes driven daily wheeled HARD ,when it is wheeled /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . 1/2 ton p/u , your axles , 4" tc springs that DIED to flat ,305 th305 np208 , 35"mt/r's , stepside . thats about it . thanks -Andy

11. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Great, now I'm kinda worried about checking mine. Have you all with the cracked bushings torqued down to the proper torque with these? I purposely left them loose fitting to get a little more flex. Worked like a charm.

12. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I have. I already got one replacement set from you. Ordered the bushings about a year ago I would say. Under the name Dawson Heath. The front spring rear eye ones were the problem. Will get the old ones in the mail to you.

13. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Stephen, I currently only know of one that is shot (cracked) but I will be checking the others soon.
    Name: Dave Godzak
    Date purchased 3/29/01
    Your invoice # 984400
    The truck has not had that much mileage or many trips since installed and is not a daily driver. I understand your warranty conditions and do not expect much. I only want the best for my truck so let me know if you get this worked out. Thanks, Dave

14. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

are the bushings that are cracking from daystar? if so check out your body mounts for those of you with the body kits. i am very unhappy with the daystar kits. not ORD's fault. but the kits were very, umm. well EXTRA parts that were not on the instructions. they didnt want to end me the parts that were missing from the kit, and the two main mounts are "loose" meanind they are not tall enough or something.
    i dunno. maybe the stock bolt is to long...
    grant

15. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

ive had red E S bushing in the front eye of my rear packs for a loong time a couple years er sumpin and they are fine as far as i know . i bet daystar used crappy materials .

16. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Stephen:

I ordered the Swaybar disconnect kit on 3/5/2002, under my name (Greg Blanchette)

Installed and used them up until around 7/4/2002 when I started the Moab preparations (and went to crossover steering and a D60)

I notice that the sway bar pivot bushings are both split around the circumference of each bushing rougly in the middle area.

Thought is was a fluke, but now I'm hearing lots of other people talking about breakage too, so maybe it wasn't...?

Hope this helps build your case against whomever provides those bushings to you.

17. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

I'll check mine ASAP. Have the disconnects and HD Shackles that I bought back in 1999. What brand of bushing was used?

18. thebeeter

thebeeter Registered Member

the bushings in frame last about 2 days and in springs they last a couple days longer. i bought a couple bag fulls of bushings last summer. i dont even replace them any more, there like 1/2 ton axles with lockers and 44 inch tires. i also break your greasable bolts every 2 trips weather the bushings are good or bad. and your big shackles are bent.
    truck= 73 blazer, dana 60's , 38 inch tires, and alot of throttle.
    chris bowen
    costa mesa, ca

19. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

WTH do you do with junk man ?

20. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

no kidding, how do you bend a thick shackle?