Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has Corbeau seats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am interested in a set of corbeau seats. Most likely something like this. http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine/abc

My questions are, how did they fit?
    1. Do they just bolt in with the right bracket, or do you have to fab something?

2. How comfortable are they?

3.Are they tall enough for someone who is 6'4" to rest there head on the back of the seat?

4. How are they on width? I am 6'4" 280 lbs, and I need a wide seat. My dad is 6'2" and 340+/- lbs, and he needs to fit too. In the wide version would he fit?

5. Also, how do the 5 point harnesses attach? To the seat, floor, etc.?

Thanks
    Harley

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Have them send you some info...I did and it has the listing of all the dimensions and what waist size they are made for. They sell brackets/sliders to make them bolt into just about anything.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

PM jekbrown...........if I remember right, they are nice seats but not for a big guy..........and you are a BIG guy. Go to www.seatsource.com and check them out, they carry all the majors - Flofit (what I have and I'm 6'4 and 200), Recaro, Corbeau, etc.

4. Hossbaby50

Sweet. Thanks for the info. I know they are available in the wide versions, but I am a big guy, and my Dad is bigger then me. He doesn't drive it much anymore, but he does need to be able to fit comfortably for hunting, and possibly offroading.

5. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

hey i have beard racing seats and i love mine they sent me a bunch of info and stuff . i am a pretty small guy tho 5' 10" 150#s or so . i used the factory seat belts on mine other would be too restrictive /hard to get in and out type thing .

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Well i am big phat kid, and it was really hard finding seats for me when I was trying to buld a rally car. none of the major manufactuers had one i *knew* would really fit me. I am probably going with Camaro seats and fabbing up a mount of some sort.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have Carbeau Baja SS seats. I am in the process of installing them now. Its slow going, school and my medical issues have me swamped. At any rate, in response to your questions...

1) they wont bolt right in. You either have to buy the new bracketry from corbeau ($pendy IMO), modify your current factory brackets, or fab completely new mounts. Since I plan on running with a full cage at some point... I am just gonna lightly mod the factory brackets to work... no sensein buying new brackets or getting all crazy with fabbing when ya plan on attaching them to your cage at some point. Last weekend I took a look at my factory brackets (with the factory seat removed) and noticed that in order to sit level, the rear mounting point of the factory bracket would have to rasied 3" or so. The front could just be bolted on, if you drilled a couple of holes in the factory bracket which just happens to be the same width as the corbeaus mounting points. Not sure if that made any sense or not.... but when I figure my set-up out, I will surely post pics of how I jerry-rigged it to work.

2) cozy as hell. I havent made a road trip in them, but I have used them as chairs at my parents pad. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif The way the thing is shaped really holds ya in place... even without a harness on. I can only imagine how much nicer it will be when I am in a off camber situation and I am being held snuggly in place... all I have to worry about is driving... and not falling out of my seat. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3) I doubt it unless 5' of your height is in your legs, lol.

4) I have the standard Baja SS... they are narrow for a seat. I like it because I am scrawny at the seat really holds me in place. (Im 6'1, 175lbs). They do make a wider version called the Baja Ultra SS. Corbeaus www site undoubtably has the dimensions... I have never checked into them or sat in them so I dont have to much more info other than that.

5) depends on the harness. I plan on attaching mine to the floor temporarily until I get the cage installed where upon the harness will attach to the cage.

lemme know if ya have any other questions, I'll try to help,

J

8. Hossbaby50

I plan on attaching my seats and harnesses to a cage someday, but today isn't the day, and the near future doesn't look good either. So I might jerry rig them or buy the brackets. I was looking at the Baja Ultra SS WIDE version they have on the net. I might fit, but I am affraid my dad and my buddies might not. I will have to see one in person to find out if I will fit I guess.

1. How high does the seat come up behind your head? Your 6'1" so your not that far off? Or does it come up at all?

Thanks for the help.

Harley