Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has done a 4L80 with a MVB?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shawn, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Just got my Trans Go manual shift kit for my 4L80 and I'm a little worried about my tranny guy doing this right. It has dones of parts and a video tape for instructions. Seams like too many things to go wrong and even though my tranny guy has had years of experiance, this is the first 4L80 MBV.

I'm also curious how this thing shifts. Firm? Soft? Neck snapping firm? Problems???

Still cheaper than doing the stand alone computer.

Also, what other internal parts should I be looking at to beef it up? Clutches? Sprag? Etc?

400sbc goes in next week. New AFR heads coming.

2. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

cant really answer any of your questions other than that the shifts will prob be pretty hard as with most mvbs. what shifter are you going to use? and what are the specs on your motor?

3. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

As long as it lives, I don't care if it shifts hard. Using the Art Carr shifter which I still have to buy.

Engine will be a built 400sbc with AFR heads and a Weiand 177 supercharger. Cam is still undecided but nothing too radical.

4. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

manual valve body isnt gonna make it shift harder is it? i just thought it makes u choose the gear it goes in, IE u have to shift it up and u have to down shift it. ive got a buddy w/ a LS1 A4 t/a and hes got a shift kit and the 1st-2nd shift is hard as hell