Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has flopped their truck? *POLL*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Feb 4, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Does it count if I just laid the side against the side of a hill and leaned against it? The other side tires were about 2 feet off the ground... Still got the dents from the roots that stuck out /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Ryan B.

Yah, That counts as a flop. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Or do you have to lose some fluid for it to count? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    I guess both of us are gonna need to flop it again if we wanna be promoted to: "hardcore".

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll see what happens in tank trap at BF '04 /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Ryan B.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Didnt roll it wheeling, I put it on its top after i hit a deer going like 45-50, i think the combination of me hitting the brakes and running over the deer at the same time, put me in the ditch and then on my top... I wish somone had been following me so they could tell me what happend. I remember looking through the windshield and i could see my headlights shining on the ground in mid roll, It was like slow motion then before i knew it i was laying on the ceiling of my truck with a bunch of crap from the back seat on top of me(wasnt wearing seatbelt /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif). Took me a second to really belive what i had done.

7. Ryan B.

Dang! All I know is i woulda been hurting if i wasn't wearing my seat belt!

8. Silver84k5

thats the trippy thing, I didnt have a scratch. But im sure that is my one "get out of jail free card" (or hospital i should say) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

You forgot wedged between 2 boulders after flip! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

10. Ryan B.

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

PICS!?

11. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Almost rolled it a few times but never actually had it not land on all 4 /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

I almost rolled it over backwards on newyears.
    [​IMG]

12. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I wish! it was an associate that did it when we were out wheelin as kids in Texas. He was trying to straddle 2 rocks to get to the top the slipped & flipped it over inbetween the 2 rocks! It took 4 rigs to get it dragged out before they could flip it upright!
    Bill

13. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

YEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

Dan, I thought you didn't get any pics of this? Did someone just send that one to ya? It's an awesome shot, it reminds me of Steve Fox on the Rockpile at Moab last year!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think I fit into the #2 category. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[​IMG]

15. Silver84k5

man when i saw that pic on pirate, i about [darn] myself.. I woulda been pinchin some serious donut holes if i was driving that.

16. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

17. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

About six years ago I was on my way to work in blizzard type conditions in my 1985 GMC K5 Jimmy I used to own and I HIT a snow drift at the end of a grove going about 50 MPH and lost total vision for a couple of seconds. When I gained vision again, the truck was sideways still going down the blacktop. I tried to correct by steering the truck, that just made it worse. By this time I was heading backward into the ditch, I just closed my eyes and felt the bumper dig into the snow. I had my hunting gear in the truck, talk about a mess, I had shells and bullets all over! I got out of the truck and it filpped 3/4 the way over and broke my rear passenger slider and passsenger window in the middle of the snow filled ditch. My boss ownes a wrecker so we pulled it back over on all 4 wheels and towed it to the shop where I let it thaw over night. Made a dam mess of the passenger side of the truck. I totally redid the truck and sold it. It was never the same after that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Ryan B.

Dan- Daumn dood! Thats an awsome picture... Must have been quite a thrill...

Steve- I forever have that picture burned into my memory, I was picturing your truck with those 3 tires up as i was typing out option #2! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif
    Still can't believe it made it back onto all 4's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Greg- Come on wheres the pic of your first gen on its side? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

This is gettin good...
    Keep the pic's and stories coming. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

once almost while night wheeling. i nailed it and it came back down on all four. again i kinda leaned the rig on some rocks but i backed out of that one.

and i almost went over backwards but the bumper stopped it from going over.

[​IMG]

i wish that picture was taken at the correct angle

20. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I havent flopped my blazer, and dont plan on it. But I did flop the samurai over quite a few times actually. That was a lot of fun cause I could careless about the body on it. Nothin like being told your too scared to roll then rolling it twice just to shut em up. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[​IMG]