Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who has followed the Rick Neuheisel debacle at U of W?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Topdown, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Ok... so little Ricky Neweasel finally got caught by the NCAA and by U of W. Yeah to all the fans that couldnt stand the smug fawker... but as much as I sincerely didnt care for the man as a coach (dont flame me any bullsh!t about he was a good coach either, Colorado is STILL being punished for his indiscretions (Cheating)) I have to seriously question the reasoning behind his firing...

True: He placed bets in a pool with his friends on NCAA games - in a different sport - on the other side of the country

True: When asked pointed "did you bet on NCAA basketball" he said "No" - a true lie if his explanation is untrue, but it sounds like an honest mistake to me, not a dodge to get out of trouble, especially since about 5 minutes later he admitted it.

True: His replacement ALSO placed bets in the same pools as Neuheisel and admitted as much to both the AD and the NCAA - Yet he has been chosen to succeed Neuheisel as head coach

True: The new coach costs roughly $500,000 less per year and hasnt taken out a 1.5 million dollar loan from the University

So... Can someone please explain to me exactly why Neuheisel got fired? For placing bets? For being a lousy lay for the AD?

-Ryan

2. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

The politics of college athletics.

3. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

You got that right!

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

UofA UofA UofA!!!! He's a weasel! Hey maybe we'll fire Smackabitch and hire Nueheisel and you can have that creepy freak that has destryoed the Wildcat football team. I wish Tomey were still here. Macovich is about a smug f#$ker, His wife is even worse!!!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The politics of college athletics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. I've followed the whole saga (didn't know about his replacement though) and he deserved to get the kabosh.