Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who has jumped their truck,what kind of carnage ?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Jul 4, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

the last time i jumped mine,it was winter and there was a snow hill in the middle of our parking lot.it was time to leave so i thought -what the hell-.i came from the back and got up to about 35 MPH. i got pretty good air but when i landed i went to back up and couldn't find the transfercase lever /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifthe suport broke in half and i needed a ride home. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

remember that Lee Majors series with the lifted truck...it showed it jumping at the beginning. I can't remember the name of it. I wonder what kinda damage that truck had after the filming of that jump /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

On one of White Knights videos theres a Yoter jumping something and he breaks his front 60 in half... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. boggerless

i don't remember the name either.do you remember that movie were it was all stunt men and what,s his face spun his truck around and caught up with his friends so he could grab a beer in reverse???HELL YEA /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

The Fall Guy....................

I have, but haven't gotten any major air yet............

6. boggerless

THAT"S IT. the fall guy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif you jumped so you did it just the same.cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifmy friend john jumped his truck so many times it was likr an a amusment park ride,people waiting in line.the hill was about 3 and a half four foot? it was a 78 blazer he rigged into a pickup.i still can't beleive the abuse that truck took. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    do you remember that movie were it was all stunt men and what,s his face spun his truck around and caught up with his friends so he could grab a beer in reverse??

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be "The Greatest American Stuntman" with Burt Reynolds and...uhhh... the guy who played Roscoe P. Coltrane on "The Dukes of Hazzard".

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

A few years ago I got a little air with my Burb.

The 10b rear didn't fare so well, the front was ok though.

I won't jump it ever again, waaaaaay to heavy

I did get my fiberglass CJ5 airborne all the time before I sold it.
    Never had any damage other than a scraped up roll cage from rolling it over in the mud once. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Did the same thing getting on the freeway one day (icey roads) got rid of it very soon after that.

9. boggerless

thats it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifyou don't happen to have that recorded do you??? /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gifPLEASE /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

10. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I jumped my toyota. It was a complete accident and never should have happened, but its a long story how it happened. Anywho, there was one witness besides myself and passenger, and according to him i had 6' of air. Im not sure how high i actually was, it was night time, but i believed him. I cleared a farm road and the ditch on the other side. when i landed, i broke a rear leaf spring, 1 shock mount, bent another shock, tore the gas tank skid off, destroyed the bump stop and colapsed its mount on the frame, broke passenger bucket seat, broke battery hold down, broke 2 body mounts, and my passenger dented his head. Jumping a truck that has spent its whole life in the rust belt is not fun. but on the bright side, i re-seated the tire on the bead and drove it back to the campfire, re-evaluated in the morning, and drove her home. No steering or frame damage, axles were still straight, and i didnt bleed. I landed in a farmfield right after a good rain, so i am sure the soft ground helped me a lot. Im just glad i cleared the ditch. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i jumped my 1/2 ton k5 on 35's when i got it, got air too, broke the frame at the steering box, thats about all that i noticed at the time /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah joez, thats quite the list of carnage /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I didnt think it was bad at all for how fast i was going. If i hit the ditch i would have been screwed. Im also luck it didnt roll when the bead let go.

14. boggerless

thats the poop.(my mouse is taking a crap so ),trashing something you know you shouldn't is fun. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifi used to rent cars just to tear them up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

15. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I jumped my Jimmy a couple times at Sand Lake in Oregon a few years back. Mudhog has it on video somewhere, and I got about 3 feet of air under all four tires.

Damage...nada, squat, dick, nothing. I wheeled for a while longer, then drove into Portland the following morning and got rear ended by a drunk. I got hit real hard, pushed me clear across 6 lanes...she was clocked at 70 by one witness who stayed to talk to the cops later. She hit the brakes with about 50 feet to go...

I dusted myself off, found my ball cap talked to the cops and then drove it 300 miles home.

That was a hell of a weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I dunno if Shannon still has that video up somewhere or not, I might have a pic though. If I find it I'll post it up.

Rene

16. tRustyK5

17. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Didn't jump it but ........
    [​IMG]

I came away with very minor damage. When the truck hit the upper arms nailed my cross member and it rubbed the harmonic balancer under accleration. Pulled it back and no more problems.

18. tRustyK5

Image station doesn't allow hot linking anymore /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Rene

19. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I jump my truck all the time. Last time I did, i managed to hit some whoops waaayyyy too fast and bounced and went about 6 feet in the air a couple times. That tweaked the frame a little bit, and bent both the front bumpstops all up. I also launched my truck pretty high and broke the rear shocks completely off. I havent hurt an axle jumping, even with my so-called puny 1/2 ton crap, just make sure you have good shocks, bumpstops, and limit straps and everything will be ok if you dont go crazy.

20. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

you guys can't see that????