Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has lifted an IFS truck? I have some ???'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by outlaw612, Oct 12, 2004.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Who has lifted an IFS truck? I have some ???\'s

My brother bought a 90 3/4 ton 4x4 and it has about a 3-4" lift. The torsion bars have been turned up also. There are some bars that run from the front suspension up to the torsion bars, I think theyre called stabilizer links.

Here is the question, do they make longer ones to install with the lift? One of these links was broke and he is trying to replace them but they appear to be a little to short which Im assuming is from either the lift or from turning up the bars.

I havent seen the truck, Im just going off his description. Could someone help shed some light or maybe give me some good websites for the IFS trucks?

Thanks in advance.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: Who has lifted an IFS truck? I have some ???\'s

I think your talking about the links from the lower a arm to the sway bar. it's like a 2wd chevy where theyhave a short link on the ends. From the kits i have you you flip the sway bar over so instead of it being bent up it bends down to reuse the stock ends. it's just a bolt and sleeve with bushings on the end. if not there is a place called addco i think that makes after market sway bars and ends in any length. also any auto parts store should have the stock set up in thier chassis stuff.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I think I know the bars you are talking about. They go from the back of the diff cradle to the torsion bar crossmember. I think they help keep the IFS cradle from shifting. On my 89, these are definately an aftermarket item as they are powder coated the same as the Pro-Crap lift components. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

There compression struts. Id think if you called any of the lift manufactures, you could get a set.

5. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully Ill get a chance to look at it for him this weekend.

Can anyone point me to any Chevy IFS websites?