Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who Has LINE-X'd the Inside Of there Blazer??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Nov 25, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Who Has LINE-X\'d the Inside Of there Blazer??

Just wondering who has line-x'd the inside of there Blazer. How much did they charge you to do it? Also, how good of a sound deadener is it and how well does it insulate against heat and so on. Pretty easy to clean up?? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: Who Has LINE-X\'d the Inside Of there Blazer??

no such thing never heard of it,[​IMG] only about a 100 people here, I think the whole tub costs about 400 depending on the area you live in.....

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

somebody give me a class what is line x?

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5>http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5</a>

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Check the Project Vehicles section. I think money pitt did it and posted pics.

<font color=red>Sure your Durango can go any place I can go, (if I hook a strap to it).</font color=red>

5. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

I had a qoute from them to do the inside of my blazer and up the sides and they wanted $530.00 to do it but the wanted me to pull the doors, top and interior out of it.

Scott
    78blazer

6. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I know people alot of people here have done it, I'm just wondering who used LINE-X specifically[​IMG]
    My Blazer is gutted, so removal of the seats, carpet, and so on is not a problem, its already out as of today[​IMG][​IMG]

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Anyone else?? I know alot have done it. How does it insulate against road noise, heat and so on??

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i know a guy that line-x ed the outside of a Early Bronco....it looks really weird..

<font color=green>Chaz</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5>http://community.webshots.com/user/chaz88k5</a>

9. chris77k5

chris77k5 Registered Member

what do you guys think of the do it our self roll on bed liner? is it junk I want to do the inside of my blazer thanks

77 k5 400sb, edelbrock rpm, carter 625,4" rancho 3" body, 3.08 10bolt 12bolt 33-12.5 soon to be 4.56 and 35s bfg km

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I heculined my rockers and my bed rails and the top portion of mt tailgate on my blazer, its not as thick as the spray ons but it only cost me 30 bucks for the quart and I only used about half of it, I'm happy with it....

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

11. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I have a buddy who Line-X'd the whole enchilada...! In, out and all in between... Bright orange too.

Looks like a big piece of citrus! He loves it! Cuts down on rattles, don't worry about pinstriping, etc.. Heavy rock damage will peel it off, though. Don't know what he paid.

Marv

12. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Does he happen to drive it daily, or alot? I'm curious as to how it cuts down the road noise inside, etc. Thanks!!

13. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Yup.... daily driver.

The truck was a basket case when he started, so I don't think he ever drove it before he painted it. I've driven it.... and it feels pretty good for a "full top off" '73 with "who knows" how many miles on the body.

Marv

14. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I have the inside of mine LINE-Xed

it is great stuff

mine cost 600

it is a lot better than sheet metal for sound deading but not as good as carpet

is does not keep out the cold but it cuts down on the heat comeing thru the floor form the exaust

it is real easy to clean

you can that a look at her at my photo alubm

I'm Back BACK IN BLACK

&lt;a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson&gt;photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson&lt;/a&gt;
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by James90 on 11/26/01 09:03 PM.</FONT></P>

15. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson>photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson</a>

I'm Back BACK IN BLACK

<a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson>photos.yahoo.com/jwileywilliamson</a>

16. chris77k5

chris77k5 Registered Member

I like your seats it looks good, I want to x-line mine now

77 k5 400sb, edelbrock rpm, carter 625,4" rancho 3" body, 3.08 10bolt 12bolt 33-12.5 soon to be 4.56 and 35s bfg km

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The poorer 'wheeler (&lt;cough&gt; like me!) uses Herculiner on the tub. There are pics of mine in my webshots album (see sig). If ya buy it when it goes on sale, you'll spend about 1/3-1/4 as much as you would on line-x. I agree Line-x is beefier stuff, prolly more durable...but I have had my herc on for over a year now and its worked great. Used the $$$ I woulda spent on Line-X on the beginings of a mission to collect parts for my 1-ton conversion. =p

BTW, those are pretty sweet seats. I am thinking about getting a nice seat/harness for my Jimmy....of course, being the cheap-skate that I am, I'll get just one...for the driver...passangers can just hold on! Dont need no stinkin harnesses! ;)

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown

18. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

James, what did they apply the line-x to? The sides look flush with your rails so it doesn't look like the factory interior.

<font color=blue>Brilliance is like 4wd, it allows you to get stuck in a more remote location [​IMG]</font color=blue>

19. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Line-x is a spray-on polyurethane based coating similar to Rhinoliner. Other companies offer do it yourself kits, most notably Herculiner. The spray-ons are known for being capable of thicker application, but are also more expensive.

John

20. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i am getting ALL of my truck, with the exception of crictical areas done for 300 dollars. but i know the dealer of the line-X and he is doing it at cost. so make that 300 about 700 or 800 for all of it. cut that 7 or 8 in half for a nice 350 to 400 and that should be about right.
    Grant

PS sandblast and mask off as much as you can they will drop the price a bit if you do that yourself. if you have no rust just mask ofdf what you want done

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.