Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has the best deal on cell anytime min?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CK5, Oct 8, 2002.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Man, just got my long distance bill, total BS, anyway I think it will be cheaper to just have a cell service where the long distance is free, so who has the best deals?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

That's the way a lot of people are going now. I have a friend back home who's family dropped there phone service because they all use cell phones...the monthly bills were cheaper. And, my older brother, also going to college where I am, lives in a flat and he doesn't have a home phone either because he and his friends all use cell phones.
    Makes me wonder....you know how postage has gone up so much in the past few years (because of e-mail and the decline of snail-mail). If everyone uses there cell phones, will the same happen with phone bills?

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My wife buys pre-loaded cards at sams or bjs comes to like .04 a minute. Me my work gives me a nextel and we have a pool of 15000 min a month between 50 of us for local and long distance. of course the siginal sux most the time /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

5. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

My boss pays my cell bill........................................................just means I can't ever turn it off except when on vacation /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I am now giving away a free cell phone w/ unlimited usage and no bills to caller #7, the only rule is that the bloody thing rings a lot /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the best deal, but I can tell you that just doing it period saves a chunk of cash.
    I already have a cable modem, so that's good.
    And I already had a cell phone, it's a neccessity to me.
    So WTF do I need a hard line for? I turned it off and haven't looked back.
    Only con is that, like all cell phones, the reception gets funky when there are sun spots, bad weather, voodoo curses, whatever reason.
    -- Mike

7. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    voodoo curses,

[/ QUOTE ]
    lol. thats funny. i have sprint and it has the long distance thing and i like it alot. its an ok plan. not that bad a price. later.

jacob

8. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifAT&amp;T /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif can go bankrupt tomorrow. I would feel sorry for the people out of a job, but not for the people that get rich off of srewing other people.

Cricket - If you are looking for a "local" cell phone. They rock! Small monthly fees and they have all you can call local service 24X7. Their long distance is not bad if you buy their 500min monthly plan which brings the monthly total up to around $60 I beleive. Don't even think about roaming with them it is not a good thing. This is what I was told by a friend that has one and loves it for what it is.

Sprint - Quality second to none. Fair prices on their packages. My last one was $40/mth and I received 350 anytime, 3500 nights and weekends, and free Nation Wide long distance. No roam as long as you are in the Sprint Network which is not that hard to do if far enough out of a main traveled area, and their roam will get to you fast, it is not cheap.

Xingular - This is the service for me. NO ROAM, ANYTIME ANYWHERE, no matter whos tower you are on. I used to travel quite a bit and it saved me gobs of money. Min. packages are about the same as Sprint with free Nationwide Longdistance. I have always had decent signal. Very and I mean very rarely did I go somewhere where I did not have a signal. Their cell service is not quite that of Sprint but they are still good.

There is a plan out there for you and what you do, just be sure to read the small print /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif, it has gotten me more than once with a cell.

9. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Man, where do you live TITAN?

AT&amp;T rocks in my area. Best service I've ever used. I've heard that you have to stand outside to get Cricket to work, Sprint just plain sucks, and I haven't heard anything about Cingular.

Don't make me go off on Sprint, I could go all day. If you are ever in an emergency(i.e. wrongfull arrest in BFE), you DO NOT want Sprint.

I am actually going to cancel my long distance in the next few days and just use my AT&amp;T phone.

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Usually AT&amp;T does..............nationwide 'Digital One Rate' plan that I have has 1500 minutes for $85 a month. Works anywhere in the country, and NO roaming, ever. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, check out my message by clicking on mudhogs forum clicky about going to your local AT&amp;T authorized dealer and check out this Siemens phone, I think you will like the plan.

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

13. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I think Verizon rocks /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I just upgraded my phone and got 1000 anytime minutes, unlimited nights and weekends, 1000 mobile to mobile and free long distance anywhere in the US. $60/mo. Check it out! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I've used Qwest for the past 6 years and they seem to work great out here in Washington.

I get pretty good coverage and the rate is pretty good since I bundled my cell, hard service and DSL for a reduced rate. I had to drop them as an ISP when they said they were switching me to MSN (yuk).

The only places I have had problems with getting a signal have been in my driveway (works great if I walk down the steet a few houses) and in downtown Denver. I thought it was pretty funny to have a call drop as I was looking at the HUGE Qwest sign on top of their building in Denver.

Just my $ .02

15. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i use cingular. no raoming and no long distance charges. i pay about 40 bucks a months for unlimited <font color="red">nationwide </font color> calling.

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Cingular sounds like a good program. I beleive they also have that thing where your unused monthly minutes get rolled over to the next month? I think I saw a commercial about it.

My boyfriend has Quest and he is constantly getting phone sales calls from them. They also sent him his bill to the wrong address 3 times but he still had to pay for the late fees. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif