Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has the cheapest GM Crate 350 in the Bay Arrea?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mofugly13, Jul 2, 2003.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I need a new engine withinthe next week. I'll be doing the install myself. It's the GM LM1 p/n 10067353. I've called about 5 dealers so far and was given quotes from $1450.00 to $2615.09 (yeah, 9 cents). Has anyone in the SF BAy Area picked one up for cheaper, or know where I can get one? I've got my feelers out with friends who know a guy, whose cousins neighbor is a GM mechanic.... But I don't know if any of these will come through. I wanna get this motor as soon as possible so I can get my DD back on the road. Thanks and Go Giants!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

www.sdpc2000.com see if the dealer in your area will match this price 1279. they just might do it hope this helps and go dodgers /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

That 1279 is with a 100 core and if you show that price to local stealership they should match it, then you could take the core back and get a pretty new 350 for 1179. That is what i did. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

My local GM dealer laughed at me when I asked if they could meet online parts dealers prices. FWIW.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

$1450 sounds about right. i got mone for $1390, IIRC...but that was more than a year ago.

6. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Fitzpatrick Chevrolet in Concord 1295 plus 100 core. If you have access to aresale card you can get it for 1245 through Crown chevrolet in Dublin with no tax and all related parts at wholesale. Just bought all my stuff from there

7. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I've been on the phone all afternoon chasing down the cheapest engine. So far the cheapest is $1295.00 + $50.00 core at Good Chevrolet in Alameda. But I cant get there before it closes today and they're closed for the Fourth and on weekends. The next cheapest is Billings Chevrolet for $1295 + $100 core. They're open Saturday, so I'm going that route. Not sure what city they're in, I gotta look it up, but it's 408 area code. The fella I talked to said I get 20% off all related parts too.(damper, H20 pump, etc..) Hopefully I can drive my truck to work on Monday morning. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. After I get this in I can stop spending $$$$ on keeping my bitch running right and start blowing $$$$$$ on mods and upgrades. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. I believe JEGS has them for 1350 or so without core. I took JEGS price to the dealer and said that they had a better price and no core, but I'd like to stay local and the parts manager sold it to me for 1487.00 out the door and it took me less than 24 hours to get mine. Just an idea !

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm on the other coast. i paid 1395.00, but i drove 3hoursone way to get it. sorry about the type , i'm tired.core ? what the hrll do they want a core for.(no punn intended). piss on e'm. my local dealer had only hot rod engines. 502's and such/ /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif