Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has the info?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Yohinan, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Can anyone tell me what is involved in swapping a 4L60E to a 4L80E in a 95 1500 burban? Anyone know of someones website that may have documented this conversion? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated. TIA John

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

is it 350 powered? if so I don't recommend it. I have a 4l80e in my 2500 and I wish I had a 4l60e. Its geared lower and has a much lighter torque converter, aka its quicker and snappier.

3. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Yes it has a 350 in it. However, I do plan on putting in 4.10 and using it to tow and the 4L60E has left a bad taste in my mouth. In another Chev car I own I have replaced 4 of them at about a time frame of one per year. Lets just say I have grown tired of them and before I start to fry the one in the burb I want to get a jump on it before it happens. I do plan on towing some rather heavy loads and dont want my tranny to go up in smoke. Thanks again. John

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I have 4.10s and my truck is a dog. Its alright for a daily driver but its a dog(not that tbi chevy's are hot). I was planning on hopping it up and lifting it but thats all out the window cause i decided to keep my K5. K5 is getting a big block and probably 8"s of suspension.

5. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

you'll need to address the computer issue to work with the 80e. i *think* the 80e is a tad longer than the 60e, so you might need to adjust xmembers and dshaft.