Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has the movie CONVOY??!?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Esteban86K5, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I have been trying to find it for friend but ebay wants like $30 for them and amazon advertises them but then never came through with it.

So anyone want to make me a copy of it? DVD prefered but beggers can't be choosey.:D

2. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

Cant help with a copy but man that was a cool movie. I remember seeing it when I was about 6 or 7.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

hmmm

i never saw convoy. what is it about?

4. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

A bunch of truckers get real POed about something ( price of fuel ) I think and convoy together across the country in protest. Somthing like that best I can remember like I said Iwas 6 or 7. I remember them runing over cop cars and stuf the most.

5. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

mmmmm

quite chewy! sounds like i need to watch... running over cop cars and stuff.... yum!! :saweet::saweet::saweet:

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Actually it was about dropping the speed limit to 55. Listen to CW McCall's song Convoy, and that's what the movie is based on. It starred Chris Kristopherson and Allie McGraw. The biggest difference between the movie and the song is the location. The song is in the east and the movie is in the southwest.

I LOVED that movie. I'm looking for it on DVD also, it's my favorite all-time movie.:D Long live the Rubber Duck in his black Mack.:saweet:

:xmas:

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

And don't forget the : "Long haired friends of Jesus, in a chartreuse microbus"

Actually the movie is correct with the song as far as location.. (been a while since I saw the movie) but, Like the song says, "We was headin' for bear on I one O (Interstate 10) about a mile out of shakeytown.. (L.A.)"
    I still like that song.. :D after all these years..

8. Esteban86K5

I just found it and ordered it. Lets hope this one comes before x-mas.:blush:

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Paul Brandt just remade the song and made a video which can be seen on your prefered country music video station.

Little CW trivia. Did y'all know that the band he played with during his heyday became Mannheim Steamroller and that at one time, IIRC he was the mayor of Ouray, CO.

:D :D :D

10. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

I Have it on DVD, shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you

(ooops... just saw that you ordered it...)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  11. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

Where did you order it from????? I have been looking for a good copy of it for A LONG TIME....Was it a import??? I kept running into dead ends. They stopped producing it, I have been burned by import DVD's once before so I have been leary. Shoot me the info so I can check it out....

Gotta love Rubber Duck, PigPen......

12. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

That would expain some of his other songs having refs to places on the dry side of Colorado.

13. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Just thought I'd brag...sort of. C.W. MaCall, known in real life as Chip Davis, is my mom's first cousins's husband. Ok, so we aren't related but I still like the song. Just thought I'd point out the he went from hit country like that to being an out of work pop artist. Guess that says something about pop music.

14. Esteban86K5

I kept getting links to imports too when I was looking for it and I didn't want to go with them. I finally found a place called Cheezyflicks.com I emailed them asking if it was in stock and they told me they had it. Not a bad price at $22 compared to amazon.com at $45. And amazon didn't even have it anymore. We'll see what happens.

15. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

x2.... I used to drive 18 wheelers 'fore I joined the Navy - I love any truck movie:saweet: :saweet: :waytogo:

:pimp1:

16. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The producers and writers of that movie where obviously not truck drivers, nor did they use any real truck drivers as advisors to the movie. As an experienced over-the-road (OTR) truck driver, I can tell you the movie Convoy is filled with inaccuracies. The trucks are being driven in areas a truck driver would never take his rig due to the threat of ripping his air lines out, and the drivers are openly talking about what loads they are carrying on their CB's. Most of the trucks used are daily delivery day-cab trucks with no sleepers, which would normaly never leave the city limits, yet are being portrayed as an OTR rig being driven across country.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  17. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Figures.... I've never seen the movie, but it doesn't surprise me that it's all HOLLYWOOD and no REALITY. Kinda like that Sylvester Stalone movie, "Over the Top".... I don't ANYONE that would OTR a day cab Autocar, let alone put a weight lift thing in it.... And James Bond driving a tanker on it's side wheels....

Yea, thank you, Hollywood - 'preciate reality.

18. Esteban86K5

I just got the DVD in the mail. At first I was leary about buying it from this company since I had never heard of the website, but they came through so I guess it's legit.

www.Cheezyflicks.com