Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who has these ?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Apr 19, 2001.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Who has body mount bushing sets(rubber) for our Blazers ?
    I'm shopping around...

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", Olive green and primer, rusted out, rice smasher!

2. Crushergmc

Crushergmc 1/2 ton status

Here's a few. Wes at Classic Heartbeat www.classicheartbeat.com, ED at MotherTruckers www.mothertruckers.net, GMC Paul at http://www.gmcpaulstruckparts.com/ to name a few that are on these boards and come with a long list of satisfied customers. I tend to stay away from the big companies like LMC because thier prices aren't that good and thier service sucks.

70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Also try Bill at Vintage Chevy 510-651-5874.

4. 72GMCJIMMY

72GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

R72KS, I GOT A FULL ( AS ORIGINAL) BODY MOUNT KIT . BOLTS, NUTS, WASHERS, EVERYTHING. FROM LMC TRUCK 1-800-222-5664. http:// www.lmctruck.com $149.00. I HAVE NOT INSTALLED IT YET, BUT THEY LOOK GOOD.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by JIMMY72custom on 04/21/01 08:11 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

5. Crushergmc

Just saw them in the JC Whitney Catalog. Don't know the quality though. Anybody heard of Prothane? It's only 78.98 for the set.

70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I've heard of them I think, I believe they were Energy Suspensions first main competition. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here

Dreamin 1st Gen Blazers
    Like em big and topless

7. Steve_Chin

Prothane is a relatively new company. Performance Suspension Technology and Energy Suspension are two of the older companies doing all that urethane stuff. PST is the company that imbeds graphite in some of their bushings (urethane will still cold-run even with graphite in it -- I don't like it as a pivot bushing).

8. Crushergmc

Steve, What is "cold run" ? Please explain the pivot thing. Thanks.

70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

I want rubber mounts, this body couldnt handle poly mounts.
    It would kill it.
    I only want the businhg, as I am using longer bolts than stock, why spend extra for hardware I wont use ?
    Ed, Wes and Paul dont seem to have anything for the Blazer, Paul only has poly ones according to him.
    I'll have to try Vintage.

Thanks.

'72 K-5 4x4, CST, 3.07, 4 speed, NP 205, 31' x 10.5", Olive green and primer, rusted out, rice smasher!

10. Steve_Chin

"Cold run" is a term that is used to describe galling of plastic and/or elastic components (vs. metallic components). I guess that comment had no place here WRT body bushings, since they don't pivot, but my feeling on suspension bushings is to either run rubber or go completely solid (metal/delrin or metal/metal) if you need reduced compliance, as rubber will last longer and provide a much better ride (not to mention a bit more articulation) and solid will last longer with better dimensional control with hardly any increase in harshness.