Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has this lift???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mogas, May 14, 2004.

1. mogas

mogas 1/2 ton status

Who has the Genuine suspension 4" setup from 4wheel parts that they have in thier "magazine" for 279 bucks????
    Do you like it???
    Would you buy it again??
    What, if any problems???????

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Never heard of it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Pretty sure it's their house brand. Call 'em up and ask 'em what's in it... I'm assuming new front springs (brand?), rear blocks, plus maybe a new steering arm.

Don't suppose it includes shocks at that price -- if so, what brand?

Also consider that you will likely need new brake lines up front, or at least relocate your existing once, and you'll want to do something with the swaybar.

Caveat emptor: If it sounds too cheap, it prolly is. :|

-- A

4. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

It comes with front springs,u-bolts,rear blocks,u-bolts and 4 shocks. list is over 400 bucks and it's on sale. You usually get what you pay for,though. Even if you ditched the blocks for an ORD shackle flip (185 bucks)you have the 4 shocks and springs. Some one should know if they are any good. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

T think they told me once that they were superlift springs? but I'm not sure on that. I'd be surprised if they weren't pro-comps, since they're all about shoving pro-comp everything down everyone's throat, no matter what it is. but I know when I was just price checking on a lift, he started checkin on that one (even though it wasn't what I wanted), and when he started adding it all up, he ended up working on a different kit, because it was gonna be cheaper in the long run, so I'm not sure how complete that kit is. but, I don't think it was on sale at the time, so...that might make enough difference in cost for it to be worth it.

6. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

all i know is eliminator shocks come in that kit..

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It would be a bunch of extra pro comp parts put together as a kit....A buddy has the lift on a beater and it is alright. Probably the same springs as my 6" pro comp lift just missing a fe odds and ends along with being $150 cheaper. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

The reason why 4WheelParts is always saying procomp this and procomp that and why procomp stuff is always on sale is because 4WP owns procomp. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif