Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has used B&M Torque Converters?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AntAZBlaz, Jul 2, 2003.

1. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about getting a torque converter and I think that I could use this one.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=BMM-70419

I’m getting that new 383 and figured I’d swap it out is that the correct one for the stock transmission? Thanks for the help. forgot to mention everything is stock on my 86 blazer silverodo.
    King

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I couldn't get that link to work, but be careful. Many of the "affordable" converters won't take more than 350 ft lbs of torque. B@M has a strict warranty policy and if it's blown from excessive torque, they won't pay. and if the converter goes, so does the tranny. For personel reasons, I have always used TCI tranny stuff. They have a line of 4x4 converters made to handle the torque. I suggest you call them. I did. I eneded up with a 2500 stall truck pulling convereter that I got from Northern Auto Parts for 225.00. Which was cheaper than summit AND jegs wanted for same converter!!

3. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

I fixed that link now so you can actually see the one that i was looking at. Thanks for that information that was exactly what i was looking for i'm going to try and look up what you have right now.
    king

4. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

hey
    i just filled out there online form as best that i could and i'm waiting for there response.

king

5. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I got a dragco TC from TPU(transmission parts unlimited) and i like it a lot its a 2300-2500 stall fun to play around with and in 4low it really kicks arse. id recomend building ur tranny up if you going to be running that 383...

7. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

If i had the money i would rework the tranny but i'm already busted trying to pay for everything else. so i'll have to leave it until i can use it no more.
    can you tell me if my torque converter locks or it always free and what do the different idle rpm ratings do for you?
    king

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like TCI better then B&M.

9. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

idle rpm ratings? you mean the stall? it doesnt effect the idle on my truck it idles in park at 900-1000 rpm all ways has even after the turbo350 swap with stall. I ran a 17 sec 1/4 mile on the 33's i wish i had gotten the stock wheels and tires on cuz the i could have put it on the dyno for free. I really like the launch at 2500 i beat everything off the line but then the about the 1/8 mile mark they get up to me and then go on cuz right now the Cat.convter pretty much stops my truck at 70.

10. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

i have not been able to get any feed back from tci. so i'm not sure which one to buy and now that the engine is coming on thursday it's a little bit to late for me to order and get here on time. i wish they would have had a faster response.
    king