Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who has used Durabak?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84mudmachine, Sep 21, 2004.

1. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

I was looking at Durabak for the outside of my blazer, and they have a new smooth product. I was wanting to see if anyone has used the smooth yet, or even the original. I plan on rolling it on if I decide to go that way, let me know what you think. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

I rolled the rough stuff on the inside of my blazer about a year and a half ago and I am happy with it.

Trey

3. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

I'm glad to here that, I think it is a great product. I am having a hard time spending the cash for something you don't know how it will look.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

I used the rough on the exterior, but had the need for some smooth stuff too, which I rolled onto the interior of a metal storage container. I was concerned that the smooth would not look even or would be runny during application. It was a bit thinner than the rough version, and didn't apply as easily as the textured stuff (a little more runny), but it dried without brush or roller marks and wound up looking pretty good. It feels a bit more rubbery and softer than the textured stuff for some reason. Probably because you can actually run your hand over the smooth stuff without ripping it to shreds /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

If I ever have to recoat my exterior, I'll probably just roll on some smooth stuff.

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

My blazer used to be coated in it. I peeled all that stuff off though. It does not wash easier (that wasn't my concern at all) and doesn't repair very cheaply (i.e. you have to buy another can to repair) I like it on the inside but don't put it on anything you don't want Durabak to stay on forever. It's a cool product and it is super tough. Non slip areas are great for this product. I also think that Herculiner is almost as good and it is somewhat cheaper and move available (but it only comes in black).