Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who here archery hunts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Jul 26, 2002.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

who here archery hunts and what do you hunt for? when is your season?
    i archery hunt for deer elk and bear /forums/images/icons/smile.gif opening day for bear is aug 1st and goes till dec 31st opening day for dear and elk is aug 24th till sep 22nd and then both deer and elk again start on nov 16th till dec 8th /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I'm gonna try to get into it this year. I have gun hunted deer since I was too young to walk to the stand /forums/images/icons/smile.gif . My dad bought me a bow a couple of years ago and I just need to get it set up with all the stuff. I hunt deer and Our season starts Sept. 29 for Bow season and gun season starts Nov. 3.

3. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

I bowhunt deer and turkey (only while actually deer hunting though) here in Missouri. Our season runs from 1 Oct to 15 Jan minus a few weeks of gun seasons. I'm getting excited. Only 2 months left!! I wouldn't mind pig hunting but there isn't much of a population here. I've come close to nailing a coyote or two still hunting and a bobcat from my stand, but bobcat season wasn't open. 66 days and counting until Oct 1st!!! Woo Hoo!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I used to back in high school, but once out of school, never found time to do it again. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Today my time is even worse as we have our daughter and are getting ready to remodel 3 rooms in our home. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

I hunted for whitetail and the bow season starts on Oct. 1st. Won't be long the day will be here and I'm stuck at home. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

My dad has been hunting for years and has gotten a buck every year for the past 30-ish years. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Has a couple heads mounted on his walls and racks in piles here and there.

My dads brother shot a buck back in the late 70's that made the Boone and Crockett list. It was a 21 pointer, but can't remember how wide the rack was. Today that rack would be mild on the B&C as many others have passed him. BTW, his brother hunts by rifle. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

No challenge with a rifle!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I fish with my .45 and thats as close to huntin anything as I get /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Alcohol plays a BIG part in this sport /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I fish with my .45 and thats as close to huntin anything as I get

[/ QUOTE ]
    Is there anything left to eat? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I grew up w/ my dad and grandfather hunting every year. My brothers got into it, but for some reason I have never gone. Ive taken the hunter safety classes that are required, and have a 30.06 that my grandfather left me and bow, just never went. I was supposed to go last yr. but my dad didnt get a lease last yr, and didnt hunt at all last season. This year he already has a lease in Ga. and were planning for this season. Ill be going up there sometime soon to start checking it out. Ill be bow and rifle hunting this yr. I wont bother w/ black powder. I think you can carry a bow during black powder, so Ill do that if I can.

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I Do!
    [​IMG]

But I did not draw a deer tag this year /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    We had some real bad fires last summer that burned up the deer herd wintering grounds. It hurt the deer populations real bad. So if I want to hunt I will have to go to another state.
    Opening day of Archery season here in NV is Aug 3. Dont know if I can stand to see the lucky hunters who got tags coming out of the hills with their deer and not being able to go. So Instead of hunting I plan on towing my boat down to The Lost Coast in Northern Calif. and giong Salmon/ Halibut fishing /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I do, as you know. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Gonna try to get down to the coast with you maybe this year, if the east section we are planning on going to is shut down due to fire danger (Starkey unit by La Grande). So we'll end up at Gods Valley in the Wilson unit by the Nehalem Fish Hatchery (where Norm aka elkboy hunts). Where will you be going?

Figure the east will be hotter than heck anyway /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif , and the coast is almost always just right temperature-wise.

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

actually i just got back from doing some target shooting at blue lake with Chris Helvey he is also going /forums/images/icons/smile.gifthe area i will be in is only about 10 miles from the town of beaver right by sand lake /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. SGT ROCK

SGT ROCK Registered Member

[​IMG]

Have for over 20 years. This is one I took a few years ago with a High Country bow with an overdraw system. Still holds the typical record for the county I live in. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. SGT ROCK

[​IMG]

Have for over 20 years. This is one I took a few years ago with a High Country bow with an overdraw system. Still holds the typical record for the county I live in. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. SGT ROCK

[​IMG]

14. SGT ROCK

[​IMG]

15. SGT ROCK

cantget the link right. will work on it. 11 point. scored 151 1/2.

16. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I try, I try really hard. But the problem is I sound like a horse walking through cornflakes even when I'm standing still /forums/images/icons/blush.gif I bought my first bow 3 yrs ago and have had a few shots that I've decided not to let fly. 40 yds is still kind of out of my comfort zone and I'd hate to stick an arrow in a deers ass and not be able to track it. A friend of mine owns a ranch here in southern Az and he's given me total access so hopefully one will come around for me. Mostly couse deer but theres alot to choose from and nooooo hunting pressure /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif The first hunt is in sept for two weeks, and the second starts in dec and goes thru jan 15 I think