Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here has First hand Expirience with the Warn 9500HS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Silver84k5, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Pros, Cons? i just bought one last night and just wondering what kind of feedback i can get from people who use them often, Thx........

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I use HS9500i, so far it's been great. I have used it to pull stuck rigs many times. I also have used it at the lake to pull our two car garage duckblind out of the water. That and drag our VERY HEAVY ancor for the blind up the boat ramp. I have had several long pulls too and the winch has gotten very hot to the point I took a brake before burnin something up. Let it cool a bit and keep on workin!
    So far I am very satisfied.
    Good Luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Silver84k5

Thx, how long does it usually take till it gets hot? or hot enough to make taking a break nessecary?

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Iv seen Burts 9500 in action and it rocks!Or maybe its the first gen that its hooked to that makes it badass /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When its winch time for me I will be gettin a 9500 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Silver84k5

have you seen the new warn they have? its kinda has a rounded shape to it, suppose to have a better cooling and water resistant system, and it has a LED light on the controller that lights up when it gets hot....... i was planning on getting that one, but i kinda liked the idea of a faster winch........

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
    Thats right!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

It does take some work to get it hot. It does depend on the type of winching your doing. For instance, Last year LiftedAssDodge got his fullsize dodge VERY stuck in some sticky smelly nasty muck of a mud hole in Hollester. My HS9500i could not pull it out on it's own. I was moving him but only inches and we needed to go several feet to get him out. After about 5min of trying to get him free my winch was very hot. Manely due to the fact the cable drum wasn't turning but a tiny tiny bit. It took another guy with a winch, both using a clevis(double lines) to get him out of there.
    Now in the case were the drum is turning or bringing the cable in I could winch for 10min before feeling the need to take a brake.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Great winch.
    The heat it makes depends on the pull. If you yanking someone out of deep mud keep putting your hand on the motor and see how hot it is. If it gets to hot to touch time to let it cool. On trails where its just a question of getting moving and keeping moving I have not had issues with it getting anywhere near hot on a full pull. Great winch. only winches I like anybetter is the new revised 9500 call the 9.5ti that has a better seal and a light to tell you it's hot and the 8274.

8. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

i do...

my nephew has one, what i can tell you that it's fast, both loaded and unloaded. i'm so used to my slow xd9000i, i almost caught my fingers the first time i used it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

just watch that line speed, if you're not carefull it'll get ya.

ric