Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here has had a car stereo stolen?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jakeslim, Mar 26, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

A few months ago, i left a car door unlocked in my driveway , some idiot went in and stole the face plate. What dumb F would needs that? Well I notice on Ebay, that this is a HUGE BUSINESS. Selling face plates on EBAY is more lucrative than stealing whole stereo's and selling them and guess what, the selling transaction is basically a legal transaction unless proved otherwise....geez, how do you prove it? WEll i am now about to replace the face plate by buying one on Ebay. The guy selling it is selling tons of them, what a joke. By the way, this was not from my k5, but a honda. I just recently realized that they also stole the 10" kenwood sub from the trunk also. I had not noticed because i have a few 10" subs and move them around and into garage and stuff. I thought it was in the garage.

Every get a car stereo stolen? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

In my 280Z But not in my rig!

Bill

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I could be wrong but I thought the face plate would only work on the radio it came from. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Every stereo I've ever owned, car or house, has been either stolen or burned down with the thing it was in, car or house...

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Every stereo I've ever owned, car or house, has been either stolen or burned down with the thing it was in, car or house...

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, only in California /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I could be wrong but I thought the face plate would only work on the radio it came from

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe with the better ones, but i think the sony xplods are interchangeable....hope so anyways, i refuse to buy another head unit. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

if i ever find out who stole mine,i'm going to cut his or her hands off. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i might do time but at least that POS can't steal as easy again.maybe a snickers bar with thier hooks. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

About 10 years ago, I bought a stereo from a shop that was down the street from my girlfriends place. Less than a week later, some punks busted out the back window and used a prybar to rip the head unit out. I had the faceplate with me so that's all they got. I figured that since I had the faceplate, I could call Pioneer and get a new head unit, right? NOPE /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif They told me they could replace the faceplate if I had the head unit, NOT the otherway around! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2 weeks later, I went to a different shop that was much more spendy, but also had a much better reputation and had them install a new unit and alarm. Now, my stuff is so old, nobody wants it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

In high school, I went to the movies. I had a 93' Dodge Daytona with a sunroof that I left cracked open. Well after the movie my sunroof was off moved back, and my 15" Kicker Sub and amp were gone. I had a POS sony radio/tape deck so they got half way through my dash and said f*** it.

THE CRAZY OUT OF THIS WORLD THING IS:

I had a dream that morning that somebody stole my subwoofer and amp AND they left the radio. I was in my car like, they took my subs/amp and I was staring at my radio that wasnt stolen. Ironic maybe, who knows, crazy.

10. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i have a soft top that i'm hessitating installing(thanks hi-pinion) because of fears of stupid breakins. CA is a great place to get stuff stolen. Too bad the truck and the garage don't meet eye to eye

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

get a alarm /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I had a '74 datsun p/u several dozen years ago, i locked it all up, but i left the removable/pull out deck (back when pull outs were the thing) anyways, i left it in there just that night. These people, cut the rear window rubber out, popped out the back window, took the deck, some tapes and even the rear window!
    The bitch about it was i was damn near all night with the girlfriend at the time in the living room watchin movies, "and such" /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif didn't even hear them
    Man was i pissed /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

any suggestions on alarms? Motion? I was shopping for one on ebay, but there are ALOT. I hate to pay someone to install also. (posting while hiding under desk to avoid being spotted by post police)

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i got mine installed and everything for $199 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah i was just going to say, to shop around, alot of places will install it for very cheap or even free sometimes if you buy the alarm from them, i would definately have the pros hook it up. Sometimes there are warranties involved with the alarm and they are usually void unless the authorized dealer installs it.

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Where I grew up, stealing a car would get ya 5 years, but stealing just the stereo could get you up to 20 years. Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sence to me either, but the thieves started taking the whole car and stripping them. I lost a 73 Camaro, and a 70 Chevelle to them. We recovered the Camaro, but what I got back wasn't worth building again, never seen anything of the Chevelle again.

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

like i said cut thier friggin hands off. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifi kill myself six days a week for the little bit of swill i have. and if some ass wipe thinks hes going to just take it??? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifone day i'll catch you . if i do catch you the cops will never get the call. you just go bye bye. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. 96chevysfa

96chevysfa 1/2 ton status

about 4 months ago, i at night school, someone broke into my truck, tried to steal it, and when they found out they couldnt, ripped off my stereo, and amps, and alot of tools. i had a pretty good clifford alarm also, but the alarm was about 4 yrs old. after this, i realized i need better security, so i invested 1500 into just my alarm, with tracking, and all the works. now if n e thing happens, my remote will be paging, and my cell will be ringing by the gps comp. so ill be out there in no time, i just havent figured out ill do when i get there. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

19. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Get yourself a tuffy console or build one like it. You'd have to break out the torch to get inside this bitch. Then you can have the fancy-pants head unit in the tuffy and an el crapo tape deck in the dash... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I could be wrong but I thought the face plate would only work on the radio it came from. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It'll only work with the model it was from. But if I own that model, someone steals my faceplate, then I go on ebay and buy another it'll work. Ask me how I know this. Have had 2 stolen from me.

I also had a complete set up, stereo, crossover, amps, speakers, box stolen from me. I was pissed. Ruined all my wiring, carpet, broke a window ruined my alarm (was wasn't on that night I was doing work and left it off, thought for one night it'd be ok which leads me to believe someone was watchign me) and all kinds of stuff. People just suck. I wish I could catch someone once. But then again not really. I'd probably snap and beat them to death with the face plate....