Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here has RC vehicles?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by outlaw612, Apr 1, 2004.

1. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im looking to buy a nitro RC truck. Right now it looks like Im the HPI Savage 25. Anyone have any opinions on this truck? Any others I should consider. Any ideas or informative websites are appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Savage Site
    Multi Brand Forums
    T-maxx Site

All these have more links on them. I personally only have older 2wd buggys. Spend too much on real truck. I will get a Krawler soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have
    2 t-maxx .15 and 2.5
    and the duratrax monstertruck 25 (sucks )
    and the duratrax AWD car SUCKS

if you only plan on beating it up in the back yard get a t-maxx a little cheeper and ez to get parts for --- you will bust it every time you run it ----- i do but i am a nut at the controler /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

link http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitro/tmaxx/trx_tmaxx_over.htm

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I have the newer T-Maxx nitro, and after about 4 tanks after the break in period, i cannot get this thing to run right, just bogs down and always wants to stall, i am fairly new to the nitro scene, but i kinda just gave up on it for now. One of these days i will probably dump some more money into it though, either that or sell it.

BTW, this thing was faaaast too. I went with this one because i was talking with the hobby store dude, and he was telling me this was the better choice due to the aftermarket parts available for it. But i kinda lost track on whats what not, so good luck, and keep shopping and comparing, cause these little B4$TARD$ aren't cheap.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

A week ago I got to play with a friends HPI Savage 25. Very fast and fun toy! Across the street from my house is a plumbers parking/storage site and there were a few mounds of sand over there. We were taking the Savage up over the mounds trying to jump the top to top to top. Too hard to do. Needless to say, I was very impressed with it.

Yesterday I got my brand spanking new Tamiya Clodbuster from UPS after winning it on eBay. Its still waiting for me to put it together. I also need to get the radio and charger pack. I've always wanted a Clodbuster and finally got one.

My next truck will probably be the T-MAXX as I want to try the gas powered trucks after the Clod. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. ramjet gmc

[ QUOTE ]
    just bogs down and always wants to stall

[/ QUOTE ] it is to rich --- leen it out a little 1/4 turn at a time /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

you will bust it every time you run it ----- i do but i am a nut at the controler /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be hard on it, i haven't broken anything yet on mine. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Then again, i haven't driven it much lately either. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Gas is great if you have the time and patience to get it to run right. IMO if you want to rockcrawl more then just go fast then go electric instead.

9. ramjet gmc

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

you will bust it every time you run it ----- i do but i am a nut at the controler /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be hard on it, i haven't broken anything yet on mine. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Then again, i haven't driven it much lately either. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you hit it on the head that is why i have to 1 is all ways on the work bench busted and then i get the other and run that till i hit some thing but is is like $20 every time i hit some thing hard -- but that is sooo much fun and it is still cheeper then crashing the k5 it to a tree at 40mph /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. ramjet gmc

[ QUOTE ]
    Gas is great if you have the time and patience to get it to run right. IMO if you want to rockcrawl more then just go fast then go electric instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is a good call with nitro it has only 1 good speed WIDE OPEN

11. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and it is still cheeper then crashing the k5 it to a tree at 40mph

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus the medical bills are much smaller!

12. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I had a Thunder Tiger EB4, Mugen XR-RR, T-Maxx nitro, Frogger,KyoshoMP-6 Could'nt keep up with the cost of maintance and fuel,tires, etc,etc......100-200 a weekend! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif So I sold them all to just be able to keep on 4 wheelin full size style! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

13. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I've got a Kyosho 1/8 scale Inferno 4x4. Not an MP- whatever number they are up to now, but an ORIGINAL Inferno. The thing is over 10 years old. Granted it has a new engine, but its just as tempramental as my K5 sometimes. It'll move though, somewhere in the neighborhood of 60mph. Right now it needs both diffs rebuilt, but its on the back burner for a while. Very fun though!

Kris

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

My best buddy has a Frogger. I was just over at his house talking about the Clod and his Frog. We both agreed to get ours going so we have something to do on our weekends. I'm hoping to look at getting a T-MAXX sometime soon. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

HPI RS4 eRally
    HPI Super Nitro Rally
    2 duratrax evader STs (one is in 6 pieces after a fight with a tree at 30mph)
    2 Kyosho mini-z racers
    Kyosho mini-z overland (truck version of the racer)

funny story behind why my super nitro rally has no rear-end...

a friend drove it into my physics teacher at probably 30mph. sent it into some kinda barrel roll/spin/cartwheel maneuver. luckily i did not get a bad grade for that ...demonstration /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

16. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I used to be really in to it. Had RC-10CE, Clod Buster, Midnight Pumpkin, Burns, and most recently a HPI RS4-MT. I love the nitro cars, but they can be very tempermental. Plus, i was mostly running them at 2:00 AM around the apartment complex and the neighbors didn't appreciate a .21 Nitro motor with tuned pipe while they were sleeping! I really want to get into 1/12 road cars... Run 'em on a small indoor track... I think after I get my own house I will start to get back into it...

17. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have experience with the T-maxx and the Savage 25? What aspects should I look at to decide between the 2?

Things I know of the 2:
    About the same size (T-maxx slightly smaller)
    Same size motor
    Approx same rated speeds
    Alot of parts interchange between the 2
    T-maxx has reverse, Savage has to be bought (about $35)
    Savage looks cooler /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

This is my first nitro RC so what are the key elements to look at?

18. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I have the a Savage 21 (the original). It screams and can handle some big air! I finally busted it after jumping a 6' tall pile of dirt we made a ramp out of. I had her at full throttle coming somewhat downhill. She did a endo when she cleared the obstacle and the roll bar crushed allowing the head to smack the ground which in turn cracked the block and broke the motor off the truck(I don't know how the head survived). Only did about $55 bucks in damage but it was well worth it seeing that bitch fly over the top of the Peterbuilt Semi-truck on the other side of that dirt pile /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif I have done several mods to it and I will replace the engine with a bigger one instead of repairing it. A ton of T-Max parts fit the Savage too so the support for the Savage is not that bad /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but it was well worth it seeing that bitch fly /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif