Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here has recreational property?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

My wife and I are on the verge of buying a 5 acre parcel just minutes from our favorite lake. Right now it's a 3 hour drive, but there are some opportunities within the company that might move me elsewhere which would turn the trip into a four hour drive.

How far are you guys driving to your rec properties? Keep in mind that I have a 4yr old and and 18 month old, so the days of 12 hour road trips are a thing of the past./forums/images/icons/wink.gif I'd be curious to hear about your experiences, good and bad.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My Dad has 40 acres+/- in Snowflake, AZ. He bought it so he could retire there though. But currently there is only our little camp trailer on it, so once in a while we will drive up there and hang out for the weekend. It is only about 1/2 from Show Low, AZ where there are some nice lakes and forests. My dads property is about 3-4 hours away from PHX depending on how you drive. Maybe less now becasue they have improved the highways between the two. It just a nice place to get away, relax, and get away from the big city.

3. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

i'd love a 3 hour drive but mine is a 10+ hour excursion. i dont even leave the state. going from metro detroit up to the western up. Michigan expressways in the lower 75-85 mph, up highways 55 mph. what ya gonna do?

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

2hours 15 minutes to the cottage on Saginaw bay, just right/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Lot's of folk's around here drive 3-4 hour's though.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Family has 4 acres on Long Beach peninsula in Washington.........2 hour drive for a great escape. Let you drive on the beach here too..............

6. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Amazing... my family has a little beach house on the very south end of long beach.... Love it down there! We try to head down there at least once a month- its only about a 3 hour drive max for me.

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Very cool place..............we are actually up right at Oysterville at the north end of the peninsula.

8. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

i have 400 acres for hunting and fishing. its about a one hour drive. its got river frontage 5 ponds a creek and deer on it. 4 hours isnt that bad a drive depending on how much you like it. my friend has 5000 acres of good hunting land that we drive over 3 hours to every other week in hunting season. definatly worth the drive. my land i dont really consider to be very far off.

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have 20 acres in a place called Montello Nv. Its about 2 hrs from home. About 50 miles from the middle of nowhere.
    My nearest neighbors are a grouchy old guy named Eustace, his wife,Muriel and a funny looking dog................../forums/images/icons/smile.gif