Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here has the longest...

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 26, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

tow rig and trailer combination? (that isn't a semi or large truck).

I'm at about 46 feet long.
    [​IMG]

Used to be 48 feet long, but I cut 2 feet off the end of the trailer when we re-did the bed.

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Probably chevyracing with that big ass gooseneck.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Probably chevyracing with that big ass gooseneck.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

58 feet bumper to bumper..................

[​IMG]

4. mountainexplorer

Thats gotta be fun driving through traffic. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Hell yeah, that pic gives me a hardon every time I see it!

BTW - You spelled "research" wrong in your sig.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I bet some of the guys pulling doubles might beat chevyracing by a little bit /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif bobwilliams is supposed to be moving up to WA state towing a car trailer loaded with his blazer behind an RV or something like that soon...

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, I know Matt from WTO pulled his jeep and Toby's K5 on a 43' gooseneck with his new Crew Cab Cummins out to EJS....I don't have a pic of it though....

8. chevyracing

[ QUOTE ]
    fun in traffic

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that bad.... The axles are far enough forwar they allow for pretty tight turns, just have to watch the tail swing.

John

9. chevyracing

[ QUOTE ]
    I bet some of the guys pulling doubles might beat chevyracing by a little bit /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif bobwilliams is supposed to be moving up to WA state towing a car trailer loaded with his blazer behind an RV or something like that soon...

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenny, What doesn't show in the pic is the class 4 hitch mounted on the back that I have to pull my 24 foot (including tongue) bumper pull flatbed.... LOL.. Or my 26 foot boat trailer......... Which hasa class three mounted on that to pull the jet skis behind... I should hook all this stuff together and get a pic... LOL.. I might look like a cowboy..

John

10. chevyracing

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW - You spelled "research" wrong in your sig....

[/ QUOTE ]

STUPID BEER!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks BG

John

11. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Not the best pic, but you get the idea. That was before I lifted my truck too. The trailer has a 30 ft. bed. I don't know what the whole thing measures.
    [​IMG]

12. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    Not the best pic, but you get the idea. That was before I lifted my truck too. The trailer has a 30 ft. bed. I don't know what the whole thing measures.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Thats one way of doing it.

13. mountainexplorer

[ QUOTE ]
    What doesn't show in the pic is the class 4 hitch mounted on the back that I have to pull my 24 foot (including tongue) bumper pull flatbed.... LOL.. Or my 26 foot boat trailer......... Which hasa class three mounted on that to pull the jet skis behind

[/ QUOTE ]

What states is it legal to tow more than one trailer at a time? I don't think it is in Washington State, but I could be wrong. I was told that you can in Idaho.

14. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Thats one way of doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nice to not have to load and unload that big 'ol camper in and out of my truck. There's still room for atv's and the welder/generator, even with the jeep on. Once you're unloaded at camp you have a nice big deck behind the camper. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

my buddy eric use to pull a 21foot boat behind a 16foot camper on his 2000 ext cab dodge. It was a little longer than the 46foot race car trailer he used to move but it made corners alot easier and backing up funny to watch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Would you be able to fit a suburban on the trailer behind the camper? Or, would a 36' bed be more appropriate?

NICE setup by the way!

17. chevyracing

KC30,
    If you put bridging under that trailer that would take alot of the flex out and you would tell a world of diffence when you pull it. A friend of mine has a trailer very similar and we bridged it and wow!!! what a difference.

John

18. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hmm, are you talking about basically trussing it underneath? How would that work without giving up to much ground clearance? I've wanted to do a rig like that for the last couple of years, but I have NO place to store a trailer that size. My 16' is trouble enough... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

19. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Would you be able to fit a suburban on the trailer behind the camper? Or, would a 36' bed be more appropriate?

NICE setup by the way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. How long is a Sub? There's 30 ft. of bed, the camper is about 11' 4", so that leaves 18' 8" with my setup.

20. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    KC30,
    If you put bridging under that trailer that would take alot of the flex out and you would tell a world of diffence when you pull it. A friend of mine has a trailer very similar and we bridged it and wow!!! what a difference.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have thought about that, but so far I don't think it's necessary. I had a friend who is a welder/fabricator, build the trailer for me. When he was done, he said we may need to add bridging. When I'm hauling all the toys, I put my Jeep to the rear, and it balances out well and pulls great.