Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here lifts weights.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stallion85, Jan 20, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Hey guys as some of you know I am deployed in Iraq and have nothing to do when I am off work. So I have been going to the gym since I have been here and don't really have a routine or anything. Does anyone have like a spreadsheet or work out plan they could share with me? I am looking for different excercises and different set combos to bulk up. I go 6 days a week and have 1 day off. Oh, BTW we have a hooked up gym so I can do almost any excercise.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

well to bulk up, i just posted in someones thread titled something about "gaining weight with high metabolism" so see there for my nutritional opinions, then again i really have no idea what you can get ahold of in Iraq, appreciate what your doig by the way. for workout: you have 6 days to workout.. good, i would do something like this: monday-chest, bench: 4 sets 6 reps; dumb bell bench: 4 sets 8 reps; fly's: 4 sets 8 reps, done. about 45 minutes to an hour is plenty. tuesday-back: chin ups, wide grip, overhand: 4 sets 8 reps; bent over rows: 4 sets 8 reps; dunno what this is called, so bear with me, get a dumb bell and an open bench, put left knee and left hand on bench (bent over) grasp dumb bell with right hand, pull straight up, moving only your arm, dont cheat with momentum: 4 sets 8 reps, done. wednesday-legs, possibility's endless, squat's: 1 set 8 reps, 1 set 6 reps, 2 sets 4 reps, varying weight; leg press, 4 sets 6 reps; leg extensions, 4 sets 8 reps, leg curls: 4 sets 8 reps; calf raises, 6 sets 12-15 reps, done. thursday- shoulders, dumb bell military press: 4 sets 8 reps; dumb bell shrugs, 4 sets 8 reps; some sort of lateral raises: 4 sets 8 reps; barbell shrugs, done. Friday-bicep, hammer-concentration curls, 4 sets 8 reps; curl bar: 4 sets 8 reps; cable curls, 4 sets 8 reps. Saturday tricep, narrow grip bench press: 4 sets 8 reps; tricep kickbacks: 4 sets 8 reps; skull crusher's: 4 sets 8 reps; tricep pull-downs: 4 sets 8 reps, done.
    this is all in a nutshell, and what i would do if i had all the time, some people will think this is total crap, thats because everyone's body is different, and if people like doing more of one thing than another, they will do it. this is simply a guideline, ease your way into harsh workouts, make SURE your properly executing the lift, ask someone, and wear a weightbelt specially on deadlift and squats. you can change workouts with what you enjoy doing best, i try not to do two push days or two pull days in a row. questions, just ask. either in the gym or here, and big_pappa_b knows his stuff pretty hardcore, so his opinion i would regard as the best you'll get on this website.. good luck man..

3. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

*sigh*..... Now THATS the part I DO miss.....

Best of luck to ya, bro.

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  5. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

We used to think you needed to work the big muscle groups 3 times a week. It's not true.
    That's why I like your routine, one workout per muscle group, per week, will yield exellent results.
    It's the rest and healing that grows muscle, I used to just keep tearing and not getting enough rest for each muscle group.

Warm up with a solid 20-30 min. of cardio. Then hit your workout with focus.

Eating a protein based food within 20 min. after your workout helps a lot. Your muscles with benefit from this upload at that time.

You can throw in ab's 3 days a week, no problem.

Feel the burn.

Good luck, and thank you for your service.

:thumb:

:usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ohhhhh hot!

7. eric22

eric22 1/2 ton status

i try to go 5 days a week, doing one major group a day also with a little extra abs, neck, somthin small, ect.

monday, legs; squats, legpress, calves, leg curls, ect...maybe some abs

tuesday, chest; bench, dips, incline, flys (switch some weeks between bar and dumbells), neck

wednesday, back; lat pulldown machine (close, wide), pull ups, deadlifts or goodmornings (switch off differnt weeks), i think theyre called lat raises (stand up straight pull the bar from your waist to your chin., rows, then some triceps; incline skull crushers, and bench dips work great for triceps, abs

thursday, shoulders; press (bar and bells), and im not sure the names of the other shoulder workouts,then biceps, neck

friday, catch up day if you missed some stuff, abs, maybe some more arms...

eat as much protien as you can!

my friend was stationed in saudi arabia a few years ago, and like you said he would work, lift and sleep, he got huge as hell!! he also had his family send him some creatine and brotien drinks... i myself dont use creatine, but it works for lots of people

edit, bobybuilding.com has a bunch of info, also try searching for the "max-ot" routine, great for strenth, and easy to follow

8. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

when i need info, i go to one of the sites previously mentioned- wannabebig.com, then again, its the first one i went to, but still, has all i need. lots of knowledgeable people there.. good point, your muscles grow when they're not working, especially while your asleep.. i read about that max-ot program, supposed to work very well for bulking and power gains, but be weary, its earned a rep as a very intense workout, or so i hear, so dont over work yourself.. hey man, for 44 thats damn good..

9. joefl

joefl 1/2 ton status

You got to take in 1.5 x your body weight in grams of protein everyday.

Everyday before you workout you need to do a 15-25 mins a light warmup, then stretching. Stretching is VERY important and often missed.

To really help your bench try some pyamids Ex: 12 reps of 135, 10 reps of 225, 8 reps of 245, 6 reps of 265, 4 reps of 285, 2 reps of 295.

After you finish workingout do some light exercise for 20 mins to get the latic acid out of your muscle.

10. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the awesome tips guys! They are all good ideas to get me started.

11. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

alot of reps equal alot of cut.
    alot of weight equals alot of bulk.
    even it out and you will be amazed of the results.

the way i work out is three times a week, doing everything.

the ones who posted other ideas are also great. you have to find what your comfortable with.
    i have also been told that unless you take some suppliments of ameno acids ,
    your body cannot produce enough of its own to be good working out everyday.
    they say to workout every other day. thats what i always did becouse i didnt want to take any drugs to help.

12. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:haha::haha::haha:

... makes me want to start lifting :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

13. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Push ups

I lift for football everyday of the week, usually in class we focus on our squats, power cleans, and bench. The sets for those usually run around 3x6, to 2x10, 3x3, 4x8, and then a single rep max. Some other stuff we do, is up right rows, lat pulldowns, and the hack sled. I got a lot of my strength from doing push ups everynight. Push ups are like the best thing to do in my opinion. I do 200 every night along with forearm rolls, sit ups, and 10 minute jump rope session. Push ups, abs, and jump rope, are the best things for you, Hershal Walker is a prime example of that.

14. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

That guy, looks COOL! He could totally whip my ass 14 times over, AND get into a photo shoot.