Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here likes thier boss?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 16, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Mine just quit last week, yesterday was his last day. He was an engineer in my local office, he and I got along great (although he was into Audi motorsports). It was kinda funny, he and I actually almost put in our 2 weeks notice at the same time without knowing it, but I ended up convinced to stay by management.

So now my boss is the Engineering director for all of our city and Jersey sites. He's a pretty cool guy, so far has been on the level, intelligent, and great to work for, too, but I'm still gonna miss my old boss!

My new boss is big on growth, though, so I think he's going to get me into some more training programs and help me better myself.

Anyway, you always hear about how people hate thier boss, anyone else really like thiers?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I got a good group of supervisors at my current job. Kind of ashame that I have higher hopes and dreams than where I'm at now. My watch commander is a Marine, so that explains a lot. He can be kind of overbearing at times, but once I got use to him, it's a cakewalk. He looks out for his people, and for example, I had to deal with a friggin fire alarm last week and he came over and took charge of the situation. That can be a bad thing, but he knew that I didn't know anything about the system, so I got some quality OJT off of it. Our two swing supervisors are real hard to get use to, but once again, it's just a matter of getting to know them.

Now we do have one watch commander, I think his problem is he is young and never has been around the block except for where he's at now. But, I don't have to deal with him except on rare occassions.

I'm happy where I'm at right now, I just hope that I can find me another place in the future where it's this good. I've only had it once before, and that was when I was in the Army.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i like mine, it's my girlfriends dad /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My bosses are cool..its a family owned business and a few of them probably couldnt work anywhere else, but there all nice people. And my Immediate boss could be the VP of any other yard around also. And they treat all there employees very well.

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I like my boss, He is letting me use his hydraulic lift to change the clutch in my 72 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I like my boss, I send him weekly emails with what I have done the past week, and my plans for the next week. Works pretty good!

Brandy

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I like my supervisor she's way awesome... she is who I work with the most. I think if she weren't so nice I'd quit because right now it seems there are too many captains on the ship, and it's gonna sink if it keeps up... but for now if I'm on her team I'll stay... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I have 2 jobs - I am self-employed and so I like my boss for the most part at that job /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    I also clean, using none of my professional skills, 3 evenings/week at a sport center. It's my "quiet time" and a little steady pay. I call my boss every 2 weeks and let them (husband & wife) know how many hours I worked so they can cut me a check. They are really very nice people and I enjoy talking to them. So yes, I like my boss!

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I get along with everyone at my fulltime job,but the part time job management bites /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I'm gonna quit soon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif