Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here pays for the "extra protection" insurance when buying something?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jakeslim, Mar 1, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Who here pays for the \"extra protection\" insurance when buying something?

I hate when I am asked if I want insurance for anything including electronics. BestBuy is the king of this BS and it is ALL easy money for them.

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: Who here pays for the \"extra protection\" insurance when buying something?

I have use it at GoodGuys, bought 3 year warrantee it paid for itself already. So every three years I get a ne CD player! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    Bill

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i guess if you buy it with "intent" to "work" your benefits, then it would be ok. But you gotta follow thru with it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I use it for certain things that I know I'm going to be hard on like my Digital Camera. $57 for a four year anything goes warrantee. If I drop it from the top of my K5, they fix it. Actually I did drop it yesterday. Bifftered the cover but it's ok for now. Small dent. I think it's worth it.

5. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I buy it for my cell phone purchases at Best Buy, Makes upgrading once a year(or sooner)a whole lot cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Not to mention cell phones can get trashed pretty easily so for $39 I don't have to worry about it for 2 years /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I get it for those spendy items that might break if used. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif but not on items like my 70 dollar microwave /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    [ QUOTE ]
    sir would you care to purchase out extended protection plan today for only 34.99

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i do.. only on jewelry i buy my girlfriend.. costs me 12.00 to insure hundreds of dollars and they fix/replace it no matter what happens, used it last week on her necklace.. i love the ease of showing something broken, a receipt and having it back in my hand by the time the counter lady prints the paperwork..

8. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BestBuy is the king of this BS and it is ALL easy money for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
    But you really really need it! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I'm the guy trying to sell it too you hahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif