Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here plays Mr. Mom........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stallion85, Sep 26, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

My wife just got a job a few weeks ago after 3 1/2 years of staying home with the kids. She also started school fulltime :doah: We work opposite shifts so when moms at work Dad is "Mr. Mom"!!! It was easy coming home to a clean house and just playing with the kids. I find myself drinking more at night after the kids go to bed :rolleyes: :D

I sound like my wife now.....I just cleaned up this mess, what's wrong with the 2 of you!!!

I've been wrenching on my rig for BB with 2 toddlers (Boy 3 and Girl 1 1/2) running around picking up Daddy's tools and disappearing :haha: It's pretty frustrating.

Damnit, Day care is too expensive, they need to start school sooooooooon :haha:

When my wife gets home there is still no relief, she has to study for school. I find work is my new safe haven for peace and quite :D

So who else pulls double duty?

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Grandpa is the same except they go home and you go into a coma.

3. stallion85

Ya my parents say it's so much better being the Grand Parent. You just send them back home when they start buggin you :haha:

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm doing the mom duty as we speak. Wife went to the gym. It's really the only time she has away from the baby (13 weeks old). She has been stating at home and not working since we moved here in January. Quite a big change for her. We talked about her working but I'd rather not have my newborn in daycare not to mention the fact that she'd be working to pay them

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well I can say after 2 hours with my Grandson Elijah I need a nap badly.

My daughter says, "Where's Grandpa?".

My wife says, "Flat on his face".

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I did the "Mr Mom" double duty (opposite shifts) for 8 years. My eldest daughter did go to daycare from when she was about a year old until she was three. It wasn't doing her any good (good daycare is worth 10X what it costs, and is 10X harder to find than it is to pay for) plus it was expensive. We were paying out between $5K and $6K per year for one child...:yikes: :yikes:

Eventually we got smart (my opinion) and I started working afternoon shift.

Now my girls are 11 1/2 and almost 6, both in school full time and the oldest 'babysits' herself and the youngest for an hour each afternoon.

I've been back working dayshift for the last year now, and I'm still trying to get used to it. The entire time I worked afternoon shift I never got more than 4 hours sleep at any one time. At least when the girls were really little I could sleep when they did.

It sure makes you appreciate what so many women do...

Rene

7. stallion85

I hear you on that. It is freaking stressfull. When my wife gets home I think I am happier than the kids :D

8. K5Steve

K5Steve 1/2 ton status

My wife and I were doing the opposite shifts for 2 years.I would work 11am to 7 am and she had to work from 7am to 3:30 pm.We worked at the same place so that was easy,just switch cars and go home.I would drop my daughter off at school at 9 and pick her up at 12(pre school).My son was an infant so I never got any sleep.My wife would get hom but by that point I couldn't fall asleep so I would just stay up till I got home the next morning and do it all over again.Daycare is expensive,we went from paying 400 a month( good price)to 500 when my daughter went to private school(didn't want her in crappy california schools).Now we live in Nevada and school is free and she learns more.My mom watches my son while I'm at work but she lives25 miles from me(5 of that on the otherside of my work) so it's not too bad,10 miles out of my way a day or 4-500 a month.

9. jboyes

jboyes 1/2 ton status

My fiance has 6 kids ages 17, 15, 14, 11, and 6 year old twins. She works during the day as do I and in the evenings she works 2 nights (at the liquor store :D )during the week and goes to night class the other 3. So I have Mr. Mom duty every night. It's not too bad though. She gets off work from her day job at about noon so then she comes home and cleans. So really all I have to do is cook and clean up that mess then make sure the twins and the 11 year old take showers then put them to bed. Between dinner and showers though the 3 young ones play together, so I have a little time to mess around with the :k5:

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Wife went to work part time on 2nd. With 2 teenagers that don't sem to know how to take care of themselves very well. With us already having problems I don't think this is working to well. I do my part but someone else has a problem doing her part on top of us having different views on how to make the kids mind. :doah:

11. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I work from 7am-4:30pm and my wife works 5pm-midnight for the time being. We are both determined to keep the kids out of daycare. It is tough coming home from a stressful day and then get to take care of kids, but at least we are raising our kids, not somebody else.

Hopefully within a year or so we'll be in a position where the wife can quit and be a stay-at-home mom. :D

Kudos to everyone in the same boat. :bow: :bow: :D