Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who here sells on E-Bay.. Am I getting hosed here?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Oct 14, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I have sold my FIRST item on E bay 3 days ago /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

the bidding was all passed up by a last minute bidder from nowhere who outbid everyone.

1- I sent them an invoice with all payment instructions etc. and also asking what shipping they preferred to save them $$. ...no answer.

2- Then I sent them a 3 day reminder early this morn, still no reply.

*The sale said 5 days to RECIEVE payment, and so far they havent replied to even get a address, and paypal says ZEROOOOOOOOOO!

Do you think Ive got a NO PAY here? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

maybe they are sending a m/o

Where is he located? I once ordred a set of subs out of canada and it took a month 1/2 to get here.

I've also had people not pay for a few weeks and magically they finally rememberd or maybe they were out of town or something. So be patient and give it a few days more.

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i think you cand sent a ebay reminder i got i i forgot i won a 6$ item i sent the payment asap

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

From my experience with selling things on e-bay is this........................PEOPLE DO NOT READ THE INFORMATION you put in the auction. My auctions all have very specific instructions in them that people do not follow.

I think that 5 days is a little fast to expect payment (the post office is way slow lately)

Usually, a friendly e-mail reminding them is all that it takes.

5. uglychevyZZ4

well, i just looked and it said 10 days /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but i cant figure out why they have recieved the sale invoice ( read recipt ) and I asked what kind of shipping theyd like and such, but they havent even let me know or asked for an addy to send a M/O /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I know it wadnt a a "o-i forgot a 6$ item" it was a $430.00 item /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ill be more patient, im just stressin i think /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

what happens if they DO turn out to be a nopay?

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    what happens if they DO turn out to be a nopay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-list and re-sell

Rene

7. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

If theyre a nopay, you can file a complaint with Ebay. Basically Ebay will drop your listing fees and the deadbeat bidder with get a e-mail saying that he's a bad boy and dont do it again. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Before you re-list and potentially lose money. You can request the buyers contact info and give them a call. Sometimes there really is a good excuse, I had somebody buy something and then never contact me......turns out they got in a car wreck and died. I would say that is one hella good excuse. And made me feel like an ass to boot.

9. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

When you list your item you should be specific as far as payment goes. You should have instructions for the buyer to contact you in a set number of days otherwise It could be any time the other person feels like it. I have had people take two weeks to pay. Give it another week and see what Happens.....Good luck.........................

10. uglychevyZZ4

woo hoo i gots paid *BLING*