Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who is coming....

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, Jun 13, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Up to Uhwarrie on the 25-27th of June?? I will be there by mid afternoon on friday and might go out a little after setting up camp. Anyone else good to go?? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

We are going to try to make it. Not 100% sure if we will be wheeling or not, I need new tires and front spring before I can wheel.

Danny

3. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

As of now I am there. Will be bringing a few trucks with me too, plus the Chickadee. Will let you know if anything changes though. You going up topless or still going to be on? I am thinking of pulling the top for the trip.

4. sapper

Im driving up so theres no way the top is coming off, i might yank the doors once we get everything set up though /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm comming...... Topless and with the blazer shell off. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Isnt that fathers day weekend? If it is, then I probably wont be able to make it because fathers day is a very busy day where I work, and I wont be able to get time off. I will get in on the next trip yall make though. I will also be making a few trips up this summer, and will let everyone know when I do.
    -Harrison

7. sapper

fathers day is this weekend so you are in the clear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Good call. I didnt even kow when fathers dy was. Man, thats not good. Sure then, im up for it. They should give me the time off work. If I go it will be me in my 87 blazer, and my brother in his 79. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif BTW, im going tomorrow too. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    -Harrison

9. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I wish I could go, but I'm going to be in Charlotte. My truck isn't ready, but I was going to see if anyone had a seat. Hopefuly next trip I will be there and w/ my truck too.

10. sapper

Just an update for anyone going, myself and 79Stomper will be staying at Arrowhead gamp ground,site #3 it doesnt open untill 4pm so thats when i plann on pulling in and getting everything set up, since one of the class' i teach is drop standing timber we should have a pretty good fire going both nights so drop by.

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Iam about 95% sure I can go. Just as long as they give me those days off at work, which they should. It will be my brother in his 79 K5(the truck that went to uwharrie last year with yall) and me in my 87(which I was still in the process of building when we went last year). I might get a jeeper kid to go, but he doesnt know [darn] about trucks, and hasnt even driven on a rock before, so it might be a touhg one for him. BTW- Me and my brother got to go last week and it was a lot of fun. It rained a whole bunch on us the night before we went wheeling, so the trails were really muddy. I didnt see many people on the trails, except for this guy in a new wrangler rubicon. He was comming up the same trail we were going down. He stopped to watch us come down this pretty nice sized muddy rock. It took some spotting to get down, but wasnt that hard. After we went down, the jeep guy drove up, and almost tore the jeep all to pieces. Due to his lack of ground clearance, he smacked the front diff on the rock, then drove up on the rock, and ground down the front axle yoke pretty good trying to get over the rock. Then on his second approach, he bent his skidplate all to crap. We finally got him a good line and he made it. He was a nice guy, so we didnt mind helping the jeeper. Anyways, cant wait to go.
    -Harrison

12. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Anyone else heading up that way? Going to be a great weekend of wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When is the next run planned?? I gotta make that one my rig should be done soon. Anyone Anyone Bueller Beuller....

14. clarkjw24

Will I have to pay to stop by the campsite? The wife won't camp so we're getting a Hotel. I was going to meet up withchal Sat morning.

15. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Well, its finally official. Me and my brother will both be comming up to uwharrie on friday and saturday. We will be camping at the same place we always do, off of the falls dam trail. I plan on heading up there around 4 or 5 on friday. We wont be camping at arrowhead, but will probably be up there sometime friday night to meet up with everyone, and look at the trucks. I might be bringing a couple other trucks with me. Im not sure if the can go, but one may be a jeeper. The jeeper doesnt know anything about trucks really or fourwheeling, so he might be funny to watch. I cant wait to head back up there, even though I was just there last week.
    -Harrison

16. sapper

No you can come by whenever you want, like i said before its site #3, if we all meet up there friday sometime we can get a time to start in the morning, i went out yesterday and got a couple tree trunks so BSing around the fire /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. clarkjw24

Cool. I'm going to install the front locker Thurs., mount some mirrors somewhere and make a door seal and test the cooling system. That way I'll be legal to drive up without the doors. I just realized I'm only about 2 hours away. So I may try to drive it. I've got Stomper's numbers so I call him and meet up with yall either friday evening or early Sat morning.

18. sapper

I'll pm you my cell number, the only problem is that phones dont work so good in the park, also i would print off a map of the place, its pretty big, Troy is not to far and the only place i can think of for a hotel, Harrison could tell you more he lives there, here is a link to the park with maps in it

Uwharrie Info

19. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Wish I could make it, but we're putting a 3" Old Man Emu lift on my buddy's '97 Land Rover Disco this weekend. But I'll try by best to make it up for the next run and maybe drag him and his Limey (snicker) truck along.

20. clarkjw24

I can just drive around and look for the group raising the most hell and that should be yall right? I've printed all of the maps and should have now problem finding Arrow head camp. I hope to be able to drive over Fiday evening and meet everyone else. FYI I've had my k5 for about 3 years but I'm a rookie wheeler so don't laugh too hard and let me fall off of the mountain and die. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif