Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who is God ??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Apr 3, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I was just wondering ....who has the highest ranking on here? How many posts ??

These are things I think about at 2:00 in the morning....what Honey ? Yes, I'll be in bed soon....

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Since nobody else answered, Steve probably could tell you who has the most posts.

Might want to look at Quality instead of Quantity. Most people here dont add posts to stuff others have already answered in an intelligent and understandable manner.

Some feel the need to slap up a post no matter if it has been answered right or not, they just want to add another post to their list like its some kind of compatition.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Men have been know throughout the ages as very competitive creatures. Whoever decided to apply the extra names to the screen names and attached a numbering system to it did not take this into consideration. Someone is always going to have to be first, you have seen the posts, "hey I am the first member, I am the first journeyman and so on". The only way to allievate this is to remove the system.
    Then there is no race to see who has the most posts and conversly the number of bull.... posts will dissapear.

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

couldn't agree more. the practice of posts with nothing to say has got to stop........
    wait a minute, does this post say anything? or am i just trying to stuff the ballot?

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

5. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Naw, I think it's just a fun thing to see how many times people have posted here - not so much a compitition. I try to add value whenever I reply, but sometimes I just want to share in the laughter or add my .02 and it has nothing to do with anything.

(by the way I think I'm leading [​IMG] !! but I'm the first one to admit that not every post I do has value! [​IMG])

And to add some value to this post here are the "levels" (almost addicted!!!):
    0 stranger
    25 newbie
    50 journeyman
    100 member
    200 enthusiast
    400 addict
    700 old hand
    1200 veteran
    1600 Pooh-Bah
    2500 Carpal Tunnel

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

6. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I agree with delta, I've seen way too many posts that just don't seem to say anything.

7. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Thanx Steve88,

Listen guys, my intention wasn't to get everyones undies in a bundle. I'm new to the site and could really care less what my ranking is. I'm here to get and share knowledge from others with a common interest. You have to admit that some of the posts are funny and I feel belong here. Otherwise this would be a boring place to go as I'm sure you can't help to agree if even just a little. I didn't mean to upset any one at all, quite the opposite, it was simply curriosity. Give me the ranking of $#it for brains.... it wouldn't really matter to me. I just found this site a few weeks back and I come back each and every day to enjoy the common interest in Blazers. I'm not writing this to make anybody mad, but to let you all know what the reason of the post I originally sent. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings. I'm just trying to enjoy the experience with others and have a little fun along the way.

l8r,

Riz

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I must agree...who cares what your title is? It took me a week of being a member of the site to figure out that I was still considered a stranger! Of course there's always some a$$hole in a crowd who just HAS to be better than the rest..just ignore their rambling. Hey wait a second, now I'm rambling!! LOL..

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I don't care if someone has posted more times then I have. I just hope that when I ask some help that people are tring to help me and not just saying something to get another notch on their type writer. I hope that when people read my post that I try to give the best information I can and that there are times that I type something to be funny, but I try not to make it at anyones expence! "Tag your IT"!!!!hehehe

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

10. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

And with out further ado...just look at new listing by BlueKnight.....
    I rest my case....

11. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

I've seen posts down it the non 4x4 forum of post after post of nothing, just racking the points up, so they can hollar "I'm at the top", Shoot I agree with Depdog go with Quality over quanity everytime!!! White Knight

12. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Time for the Soapbox!!

For those that have been here for a while, you know I'm usually not confrontational on this board but enough is enough!! I know lots will crap on me for it but I can crap back!! I agree with the others that it's getting old watching post after post say "...I'm a member!!..." or "...You rule man!..." or seeing responses to a legitimate technical question like "..cool man.." and the list goes on and on and on!! All for the sake of another post!!
    For those who have been here for a long time, remember when MOST, not all posts were questions about Blazers/Jimmys and the responses actually HELPED the person with the question?!? It seems lately that the majority of the "older board memebers" have all but disappeared. If they're like me, they're getting tired of the same old junk day after day after day! Reading through post after post just to find a few techincal questions to learn from or answer.
    I'm NOT saying that new people aren't good to see and that a bit of humour is not a welcome sight but this is a technical bulletin board. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER, THEN DON'T RESPOND! By all means read and learn, but skip the DUHH! answers. Tell me what's more frustrating than having something half apart on your rig, getting confused and posting a help question on the board, only to get a response like"...I've got one too dude, cool huh?..." Who gives a $#!# if you've got one! I'm stuck with my Blazer half apart and you're telling me you've got one too! I want to know how to fix my rig, not poll how many people have one like me!! If you want to make a non-tech comment or response, use one of the other BB sections on Colorado K5!

Now I know some will say this is not my board and you are right, but in a way, it is my board and your board and your board too. Let's use it and not abuse it by piling it up with garbage. If you want to gab with a buddy, that's what email is for, isn't it?!?

Anyway, I'll stop there and let the abuse begin.

Brian
    89KBlazer

13. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

cool, dude, i have an '89 thats half apart, too!

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am looking into removing this feature as soon as possable!!

Steve

15. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

One thing we need to remember not everyone knows alot about K5's me included in that group. I have noticed duplicate posts and such usually on diffs,lockers, winches, gears, tires, wiring and drive line angles. But keep in mind these are some of the most expensive and most important mods you can do to your blazer. That is why they are posted and reposted and so on. I didn;t until recently relaize you can search the threads and even seraching the threads I still didnt get the answers I was looking for. I really dont mind being redundant on these posts. I just like to lend a helping hand so one day while im sinking in quicksand and there is no hope for escape that blazer coming over the rise will be thoughtful and properly EQUIPPED to pull my silly butt out of a no win situation.

16. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Some of you guys are pretty uptight, are you sure you're not jeepers? Maybe you should make this an "exclusive" site. You know, only people that are as smart and sensible as you deem neccesary will be allowed. Im sure that I wont be invited, but I apologize profusely for giving the wrong advice a couple of times. Ill just keep my mouth shut from now on and only ask questions. That way I can learn everything that 4 or 5 of you know and not get any other input and eventually we will all be exactly the same. It will be a more perfect jeep-like world that way.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>I humbly apologize for everything I say in advance</font color=blue>

17. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Well Steve, not so fast.
    We have looked at the negative side of the titles, now lets look at the positive.
    1) It lets folks know that you have been around the place for a while and that you just might know what you are talking about, even a rock will absorb something through osmosis...
    2) It is a kind of "Badge of Courage" for those that have been around a bit, it says that they either have placed a bunch of posts, or have answered a bunch of posts, or possibly a bit of both.
    3)And as long as the ground rules are explained to all...then a bit of friendly competition is great amoung friends. Arm wrestling anyone?
    4) And now I am pissed that you changed the way the posts show up. I was going to go back to page 26 and start placing posts everywhere just to be the first addict but not now...thanks Steve!

If asked I would say leave things as they are...I just love the banter and ability to make friends, and learn more about my Blazer AND what it can be used for.

Thank you for helping all of us...

18. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I understand your point and that is why I made the off-topic forum, but a lot of people are posting non 4x4 stuff here instead and clogging it up a bit.

Steve

19. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Maybe we all need an owners manual of sorts explaining how it all works and what each segment was meant for. You know when without a set of presubscribed rules, folks will make their own. Once the "law" is laid down then all will know just what is expected and act accordingly. Then it is much easier to maintain a happy board.
    Just the other day somebody remarked they just figured out what the little triangle in the yellow folder was all about.
    Well they had to figure it out cause there is no place to find it out , other then ask, which takes up your time.

"How to use the Message Forum, Vol.1 ..."

20. cp87jimmy

cp87jimmy Registered Member

Let it go Eagle. Sick and tired of your ramblings. If you don't like the way this forum is ran, why don't you build your own? Tried to bite my tongue but just couldn't stand it any longer. Nobody has kept this thing going longer than you. Enough is enough!

So addicted it's not EVEN funny!!!!