Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHO is going to tellico K5 Crawl?- less than a month away...post up!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Mar 6, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Posted this in the "blazin trails" forum- and only bigjbear and zonk have answered me-

Post up- darn it.....

I get confused looking through the 4 pages of the original post- so help me out here-( I was blond in another life... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)

ALL of you that are within a 6 hour drive of this place BETTER be showin up- If I'm gonna drive 17 hours to get there- you can drive 6!

and Grim- none of this "i dont wanna break something so I cant wheel" crap either-

Hey donna- since wayne's gonna be busy working on his barbie jeep- hop in the K5- and LETS GO!

Brandy

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

Re: WHO is going to tellico K5 Crawl?

i'll be there with or with out my POS.

a bud of mine who's on here a little talison79 will be there with me

and i another friend who is cruiser guy who might make it

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

i should be there at least watching and taking pics...

hopefully ill be ready enough to run some stuff but that remains to be seen

Later

4. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

If I can save enough money for my tranny swap and get it installed before then, I will definitely participate. More likely, that won't happen and I will have to try and bum a spot in someone else's ride.

5. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I totally forgot about this...Thanks for the reminder.
    All I can say, is I can't make any promises. I'm buying a house within the next few months and also getting married by the end of the year, so funds are at an all time low! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyhow, I'll try though; as long as moving date isn't anywhere near that date.
    I need to rent or borrow a trailer though, since I'm definately not driving the K5 all the way down there and back...again! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I will be there. If you could see my truck right now you might disagree with me, but I WILL MAKE IT! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I will also be bringing a friend with me who has a very capable truck. (small print) he drives a furd bronco! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Other than that he is a good guy! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lance, if your truck isn't ready I will probably have a seat available.

Mike

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Count me out! I have a network disaster recovery test that weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I totally forgot about this...Thanks for the reminder.
    All I can say, is I can't make any promises. I'm buying a house within the next few months and also getting married by the end of the year, so funds are at an all time low! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyhow, I'll try though; as long as moving date isn't anywhere near that date.
    I need to rent or borrow a trailer though, since I'm definately not driving the K5 all the way down there and back...again! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's about time you made a honest woman out of her! Congrats to you and condolences to her LOL.
    Hope you make it. I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I might even wheel my pouser mall crawler. But I sure do like pulling cable! LOL

9. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I should be there but since i got no rockcrawler me and some buddies will be on 4wheelers or walking checking out the action. mabey the lower # trails will be tame enough for our trucks. Yeah plus if my truck has a transmission in it and mabey even have the cam the engine too. If not Ill be riding in a TacoMa. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. Mr.Chevy4x4

Our DR is the wednesday and thursday before the weekend run! I have been assured we will be done by thursday afternoon. I will be driving up thursday evening.

Mike

11. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

things are lookin' better for us. Cant wait to break the new truck in!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

rob

12. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lance, if your truck isn't ready I will probably have a seat available.

[/ QUOTE ]

well fine then i didn't want to ride with you anyways /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Uh, when is it again?

As you can see from my progress , it's doubtful that I will be rockin the Toy. Maybe I can bum a 4 wheeler or something. Might even bring the Samurai, you never know. I'll try to get up there.

14. Mr.Chevy4x4

you aint ridin', cause you are going to be spottin'! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Mike

15. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Registered Member

I'm thinking I'll be there. My truck is stock with 33's. Is it worth bringing it? I live about 2 hrs. from Tellico and have never been. That's sad, I know. I just bought a motorhome yesterday, and it's the weekend of my sons fifth birthday(he's a 4 wheeling nut). So chances are we'll be there.

16. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

ive never been- but zonk will tell ya the answer---

Brandy

17. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">What are the dates for this? I might go

18. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I think it is April 23,24,25 yeah i should have my truck back together by then... As far as mildly built trucks go there are a few trails up there for us ppl's Ive talked to Grim and to Zonk and a few others and they all said that there is a few trails out there for us. So i might be out on one of them to try it out but prob not till i get a p.o.s. trail truck thats just for offroading. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

19. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Information on the trails
    The area, donated a couple of decades ago by a logging company, consists of 12 trails of varying lengths for a total of about 40 miles. The trails themselves are mostly rocks and dirt, and many are lined with high eroded "walls" of dirt and roots. The trails change over time, and were rated on the map some time ago. The following trail descriptions give the Difficulty Rating that you will find on the map that you can purchase from the forest service and then my opinions that are based on observations made during the Spring of 2000.

Trail #1. Rated Easiest, but was graded, drained, and graveled. It is the way in from Murphy, and I've seen two wheel drive vehicles drive it from one end to the other although there are sections that could be very tough for low clearance vehicles.

Trail #2. Rated Moderate. Can you say WRONG!! The lower section is definitely a Most Difficult trail. I've seen more drive train parts broken on this trail than any other. It is divided into Upper 2 and Lower 2. The Upper section, known locally as the Bobsled Run, is Difficult, with several ledges, drop-offs and a few nice rocks and roots. The Lower section, known locally as Rock Garden, is very, very difficult, and consists mainly of large boulders and is usually wet in places. Since this trail becomes increasingly more difficult each year and trail 12 has been modified in one of it's hardest sections that makes it somewhat easier, I now feel that Lower 2 is the Most difficult trail at Tellico. The Lower section should be rated Most Difficult.

Trail #3. Rated Moderate but has become easier with erosion. It offers a lovely view of the bottom of 12 and the backside of 11 (see below).

Trail #4. Rated Easiest, and while it is probably the easiest of the 12 trails, it is not EASY. It can prove to be quite difficult for a stock vehicle. It connects to trail 6 and together they run across the entire area and are used to access most other trails.

Trail #5. Rated Moderate. I consider this trail Difficult. It has a few smaller ledges, some large rocks, and an interesting creek crossing at the bottom. It is a bit more difficult than trail 4.

Trail #6. Rated Most Difficult, but trail relocation has placed the obstacle that made it most difficult on trail 7. Should be rated Moderate. Trail 6 is very much like trail 4.

Trail #7. Rated Moderate, but the end that meets 4 and 6 has a very dangerous 5-foot tall rock ledge that is the only major obstacle on the trail. Many vehicles of all types have rolled going up and down.

Trail #8. Rated Moderate. A very pretty loop trail, that offers views of both the top and bottom of trail 9. It has some small sections of rock that provide the rating.

Trail #9. Rated Most Difficult. Known locally as Slick Rock (named for going down) or Roll-Over Hill (named for going up), the big rock in the middle of the trail is about two stories tall, and due to the natural spring, it is smooth, slick, and always wet. The bottom has some large boulders that are still difficult no matter how much theyâ&amp;#8364;&amp;#8482;ve been shifted.

Trail #10. Rated Moderate. ATV and motorcycle use only. I got an e-mail from a person who recently (July, 1999) rode this trail. He warns that even though the trail is rated moderate, it has some tricky sections that can be hazardous. He also suggests that you not try this trail without another vehicle along. The buddy system is always a plus for safty.

Trail #11. Rated Most Difficult. Trucks usually go up from 4, and down to 3 to avoid going down the two big rock faces on the 4 side. They are called Guardrail (named after the guard rail attached to the trees to keep people from rolling off the mountain, and Helicopter Pad (that has a dirt go around, and is named for the flat rock at the top that, legend has it, has been used to rescue people from the top). There is not a go around for guard rail bt there is one for the pad. The backside (leading to 3) has a pretty rough section comming off the top but is not to difficult after that. There are several opportunities for body damage on trail 11.

Trail #12. Rated Most Difficult. Known locally as Schoolbus (named from the logging days when a school bus got left at the top). It is very steep, has many rock ledges, tight turns, and some deep ruts. Many use to claim this to be the toughest trail but I think most now would agree that trail 2 has now claimed that honor.

20. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]