Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who is real knowledgeable on 241 insides?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by desertrat67, Oct 17, 2006.

1. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

I tore my case apart to put a SYE in, and both the range and mode forks were worn on the contact points so i ordered new. I started looking around at the other parts, and the teeth inside the planetary hub and on the mode hub?? that slides into the planetary have a wierd wear pattern that is almost even all the way around. I want to know if these teeth are supposed to be worn this way, or do i need to replace both of these pieces. In this link, pieces 28 and 29 are what i am refering to (231/241 internals diagram)

http://tbtrans.com/id22.htm#np231

thanks, ryan

2. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes, that is the way they are made. I thought the same thing when I did my SYE.

3. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

alright. that saved me a few bucks and some worry at what else needs to be replaced. Thank you

ryan

4. Chaddy

Chaddy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I didnt need to replace anything. The only thing that happend to me was getting the right seal for the yoke they didnt send me. So I had to get a seal and a 1350 yoke from six states and had them machine it down a 1/4 inch. Other than that it was very easy to build.

5. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Ya, now i need to find someone to machine down my yoke and see if i have the right seal or not.