Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who is running 37 x 12.50 x 15 MT/Rs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Jan 4, 2005.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

how do you like them? how do they handle on / off road? how do they wear? i've got a line on a set for fairly cheap with 0 miles on them. i hear they dont like mud without alot of wheel speed, but that's ok, since i dont like mud either. things may be changing a little with my buildup...

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I love them:D. Had 35's now the 37's and I am budgeting for the 40's. I get around 18-20K on them with regular rotations (every 3K). They are a godsend in the rocks, work well in sand/loose soil, drive on the road fine, but yes they were never designed for mud. I don't do mud so that is fine with me. A lot of AZ guys (blazers, jeeps and budget buggies alike) run the MTR's. I can't say enough about them. Every person I have told about my move up to 40's has offered to buy my 37's so that should say something right there.

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

how much road driving do you do with them?

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

It is a DD, about 12K a year, mostly city.

5. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

If I didnt tow with the 2500HD... these would be the tires on it. I think perfect for a daily driver that you want lifted, yet still very streetable.

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm torn between MTRs and Iroks for my next tire.

B_to_C has 35" MTRs and likes them. He told me they are almost as quiet as ATs.

Another site I frequent, Colorado4x4.org, had a poll going about which tires everyone ran; and it was pretty much even between Super Swampers and MTRs. Those two being quite far ahead of the other choices.

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

anybody got pics of these tires mounted?

i am also interested in running these, SSR's or Iroks.. i'm concerned with the width tho. trying to stay somewhat narrow for clearance issues but will go wider if a tire that tall looks funny that narrow...

8. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I ran a set of 35x12.50 MT/R's on my K5 for a couple of years. Previously I had a couple sets of BFG muds and then went to some TSL's after the MT/R's.

On the street, the BFG's were quieter, handled better, and appeared to wear better. The MT/R's were just slightly noisier but had more traction on pavement (probably due to a softer compound).

Off-road the MT/R's were noticably better than the BFG's in just about every situation. However the TSL's, in my opinion, are way better off-road.....at least here in the Midwest in which we have lot's of mud, loose dirt and loose rocks.

9. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

heres my deal. :rolleyes:

it is my DD and the majority of what i'll be playing in is mud.. i would love to go aggresive with a TSL, they are badass.. as opposed to settling for a Mud Terrain.

its prolly what i'd run if i wheren't concerned somewhat with street manners. i do run the highway at 70 daily.. how much more obnoxious is a TSL than a MTR or MT on the street with noise, handling, snow, etc?

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If it is a street driven truck get MTR's and don't worry about the Irok's. MTR's are awesome tires. I am running Matt's (az-k5) old 35" MTR's and I LOVE them. I used to be a BFG man but now I am an MTR man. I am the first guy in line on his 37" MTR's when he gets his 40" MTR's. :grin:

MTR's kick ass except in the mud. They do ok in the mud with lots of wheel speed, but they got nothing on TSL's.

Harley

11. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Im running 37x12.5x17 MTR's on a 17x9 and I love them. Real quiet. The 17 has a different design though in the center it has a single center lug where the other sizes have 2 center lugs.