Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who is running 52" springs up front?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Topdown, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I need some help with the 52" spring swap on my 1st gen truggy...

who is running the 52's up front? got any pics? what did you have to do to mount them? will it relocate my axle forward or backward? Have any issues with the swap?

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i've thought about doing this. you'll probably off going with the second gen set of springs, first gen are about 2" shorter. all you would have to do is move the front perch forward with the second gen front springs.

if you want to go with the 52"up front you'll have to move the front perch forward and redirll and move the rear shackle. you'll also have to relocate/trim the cab mount bracket under the drive/passanger seat.

ARQ.

3. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

So has anyone done a 52 swap up front in a first gen? I pulled a leaf out of my 6 inch front springs and the tires kiss the back of the fender when turning on the street! 37's by the way. I want to move the axle forward, and was wondering if swapping front spring hangers side to side works on a first gen too?