Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who is running 6" TC EZ Rides up front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Jan 23, 2005.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anybody running 6" TC EZ Rides up front?

i'm going to take my 52s off and turn my hangers back around. what kind of shackle lengths are you running, and what kind of shackle angle does it give you? also, what steering corrections did you have to make with your D44/10 bolt?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

wow, dropped off the front page already

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am not sure I understand your question.

You have 52" 6" TC rear lift springs you want to put in the front?

If so, you realize this will net you around 10" of lift in the front correct? As far as steering corrections go you will need to have crossover steering to do this right. Even with a raised steering arm, dropped pitman arm, and drop draglink you are still going to break the stock push pull steering the first time you flex the truck out most likely. The stock draglink is to short to run on a 52" spring swap and be able to flex it fully.

You will also need to have the driveshaft lengthend and a high angle CV in the front shaft to get it to work.

Harley

4. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

Funny, I pulled off my 6' tc ez rides for my 52s....Ride was the same, shackle angle was straight up and down, made a set 4 7/8" long to keep spring off the frame. I used a 4" steering arm with a 2" pitman arm, draglink was level so steering was horrible, wish I'd have tried it with the stock pitman arm to compare. The springs are soft, the front dove when ever I hit the brakes.

Edit: the reason I swapped was to move the front axle forward and keep the tires out of the firewall, I also am having better luck with my front driveshaft angle with the increase in length.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2005
  5. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

no, he has 52"s on the front now, but is gonna put his TC 6" spring on instead.

i think all you need is a raised steering arm unless you are going with crossover. you want the draglink parrallel with the spring. the raised steering arm does this with a 6" spring.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

anynody else?

7. folkenheath

folkenheath Worthless Trash Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have 6" TC EZ rides, and I used the ORD HD front shackles. I don't know exactly what length they are, I just know they are 1/2" longer than stock. I would of made the shackles myself, but at the time I didn't have the equipment. Anyway, the shackle angle is about right in my opinion and they work good, the ride is smooth for a lifted truck. About the steering, I used the ORD crossover set-up on my D44. Works great I think. I didn't have to trim the crossmember at all with the bent drag link.