Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

who is running boggers?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mudhog, Dec 8, 2001.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

does anyone run 38.5x11x16 in boggers? how do they perform? i want boggers but they dont make 38x12.5x16in boggers[​IMG] so i need to chose 38x13x16 swampers or 38.5x11x16in boggers

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

2. i've been thinking about those 38x11s too. i think they would be great for the terrain around here. plus boggers have such knarely side lugs that they don't look too skinney even in an 11 wide.

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

ive got 35/14.50x15, am gonna step up though to the 39 or 42 range probably in the TSLs, i like rocks and the perform very good, i like them, on the road is another story though, cant get past 45 mph w/o bouncing everywhere. dont know what to do about balancing. you cant beat them in the mud (i figure you do mud) but then again we dont have the sloppy mud like other people.

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!

4. mudhog

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have pondered getting boggers, but I don't want 11" wide tires, so I have chosen 38x16x16 tires as my next set, they will be TSLs.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

you are stuck in the same boat as me. If they made a 38.5x14.5 bogger i would already have them[​IMG]
    I really think a 11" wide tire would betray you in the long run with a heavy truck and the pressure on the sidewalls because of its narrow width, IMHO

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I have never seen an 11" wide Bogger in person, BUT I just got some 37x13x15's for a buddy of mine, and let me tell you, they look WAY wider than 13"!! I also got a set of the new 33x13.50x16 for my cousin and the 13" wide Boggers are WAY wider than the the 13.50's!
    Anyways, I'd check into looking at a 11" wide Bogger in person, you never know, they might be ALOT wider than you think.....

8. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I saw how the "Narrow" Bogger worked first hand at Mudstock 2001. They had a very deep mudpit which nobody had made it through all day. Finally a lightweight vehicle with 454 (which sounded like a Pro Stock motor) and 38x11 Boggers made it through the pit. I believe they work good, but you will loose even more sidebite because of how narrow they are. They have less tread contact area. I think they would still be a good tire.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</a></font color=blue>

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Hey Shannon, those tires are on the cover truck for Fourwheeler this month.........a lime green F-250. Same size you are talking about and they look good..........

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

10. mudhog

thanks everyone im just trying to decide if i want that narrow of a tire i mostly do mud and sand but with the new one ton stuff i would like to try some rock crawling[​IMG]

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

11. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I've seen the 11" wide boggers and they are pretty skinny, I've found that on heavier trucks that are exposed to sloppy mud you need the width. If you check out the January 2002 issue of Four Wheeler the green FURD on the cover has 38.5x11x15 boggers and there is a good pic on pg 20 but you must note that he has them on 15x10's and according to interco they should be mounted on 15x8's, so they appear to be much wider in the section but if you look at the tread it's skinny.

'79 K5,13 1/2" lift, 39.5 TSL's,15x12 Eagles,350,t-350,warn 8274

12. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

The "skinny vs. wide" debate will probably never end...

Call me a cracker, but my vote is for the skinny tires.

13. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

I was at a mud bog once where several trucks with 44's, Boggers, Swampers etc, couldn't make it, but a couple of trucks with some serious horsepower and 38x11 Boggers absolutely FLEW through.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

14. lasvegas

lasvegas 1/2 ton status

I have those tires on my truck. It has a D60/14BB with a four inch lift plus the 1" spring lift from ORD. When I first put the tires on, my first reaction was that they looked too skinny. I was disappointed in the appearance. But now, I really like them. They do not stick out from the side of the truck at all and they do not throw rocks and stuff up the side of my truck. They work really well in the stuff I have used them and I have no complaints. It is easy to drive on the street and they work really good off road. BUT I have never had them in anything other than rock, sand and gravel. Have not tried them in mud yet, but winter is almost here in Vegas so it might rain once or something.