Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Who is willing to pay $1400 for an Ox Locker???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Oct 4, 2002.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I e-mailed OX Trax today on availability and price and this is what they sent me.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your interest. The price of a D-60 is $1400.00 for the unit and $89.00 for the cable plus shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Why the hell should I have to pay for the cable, why no include it? Looks like I will go with an ARB if I decide to go the manual locker route.

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

That is Fawking crazy /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif--I think I'll stick with the good ol standby ARB. Justo my .02 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

That is way to high. I dont see how it would be worth it. Isnt Eaton coming out with an e-locker or something?

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Not me! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Um, that is ridiculous. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I'd go Detroit for $500ish.........every time.

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Maybe you should e-mail them back and tell them you ALREADY have the axle......you just need the locker!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

No way I would ever spend that much on one locker /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That's one detroit, and an ARB. Or, 2 Detroits, and some 35 spline stubs and hubs. Or, a nice set of 42" swampers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I wonder how many they will sell.

BIGJ

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, I priced them out about 2 months ago and Drivetrain Direct quoted me $1500 for the complete unit. No thank you! I got the ARB instead. The Ox is a cool design but not that cool! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif </font color>

9. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

That is way too high! I'm kind of surprised though because it seems like all of the other Ox applications are comparable in price to an ARB.

10. Damn that is outrageous !! Did they corner the market or what? Don't they know that someone else will have one that works just like their for allot less and they will go bankrupt?

11. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

WTF are they thinking /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif for that price it better be liftime warantee with free replacement of it and damaged parts including axl shafts and r&amp;p and labor /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

12. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Detroit it and be done.

13. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    it seems like all of the other Ox applications are comparable in price to an ARB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the Ox for the Dana 44 is around 700 bucks. What makes the Dana 60 version so special?? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

what did you pay for an ARB?
    my recollection has them up in that range with a compressor and all, have they come down?

*found one for ~$1050 w compressor*

15. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

ARBs are not NEARLY that expensive! I had one in my 10 bolt, and now have another in the front D60 - I paid under $600 for the D60 unit from 4WParts...I already had the compressor, but they are priced at $189 just about everywhere...you just have to shop around. Ox Locker must be smoking something if they think people will pay that much for their locker! The ARBs are awesome, especially for 1/2 the price! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I paid $631 for my ARB, but didn't get a compressor since I'll be running it off of a York system. </font color>

17. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

When I purchased my ARB, the OX was not out yet, but was in the making. They told me it would cost $1600 for the unit. Sounds like they came down on the price a little /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I purchased my ARB for $580 including shipping. I got it for this deal from a big time mix-up (long story), but I'm happy with that /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The compressor, was like $179 or so...forget.

Anyhow, I what about a spool and full hydro?
    Boss

18. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Eaton one is about 800 bucks, when I called the local speed shop. They had to call up eaton, cause they never heard of it at the time! release is supposed to be in about a month or so. realistically speaking it ends up being almost exactly the same as ARB cause it doesnt need "AIR".

these things are comming as an option on the 2002-2003 tahoe's and surburbans i think.

19. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

The Eaton E-locker is currently available on the new Hummer 2 (H2).

20. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

WOW!! Not cheap! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyone know if either Eaton or OX HAS a version for the 14bolt? They're all MAKING one, just like ARB has been since 1999 but does anyone HAVE one for sale yet? I've got an ARB in my D60 but used to like the look of the Ox Locker til you just told us the price!!

Thanks